Bringing Your Fiance to the United States
- IMMIGRATION FAQs (HOME PAGE)
- ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
- NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS AND EXTENSIONS
- THE POPULAR H-1B VISA
- HELP FOR THE EMPLOYER-GREEN CARDS
- HELP FOR THE EMPLOYER– VISAS
- HELP FOR THE EMPLOYEE
- BRINGING YOUR FIANCE TO THE UNITED STATES
- UNITED STATES CITIZEN PETITION FOR IMMEDIATE RELATIVE
- FROM PERMANENT RESIDENT TO UNITED STATES CITIZEN
- HOT TOPIC– THE J-1 VISA
- PRIORITY DATES AND THE NEW ANNOUNCEMENT
- The individual applying for their immigrant fiancé must be a United States Citizen.
- The petitioner and the fiancé must intend to marry with in 90 days of the alien fiancés arrival in the United States.
- There are no impediments on both individuals ability to marry.
- The individuals have met in person within the two (2) years before filing petition
- Note: Exceptions to the meeting in person rule:
this would violate the foreign fiancés strict and established customs or
Foreign culture/ social practice.
- The individual applying for their Fiance can prove that an extreme hardship would be met by this requirement.
A United States citizen may bring their fiancé to the United States in order for them to marry as well as to reside. This is done with a K-1 Visa and the filing of a I-129F petition. K-1 visas permit the foreign fiancé to travel to the U.S and marry their sponsor within a 90-day period of their arrival. After this is done the foreign citizen may apply for an adjustment of status with USCIS. Also, note that children of a K-1 visa applicant may be eligible for a K-2 visa.CONTACT A LAWYER
While we previously handled immigration cases, we still provide some general immigration information on our web site for assistance to the general public. This is no substitute for consulting with an immigration attorney about your specific facts and/or case which we highly recommend, especially since some laws, rules and procedures may change at any time and web site pages are not intended to provide legal advice and are not always updated. Thus, we urge you to consult with an immigration attorney now and if you need any assistance in finding one please contact our law offices now for help.
Meanwhile, we continue to offer an absolutely FREE consultation and case evaluation for anyone injured in a car, truck, motorcycle or any other accident or to any family who suffered the death of a family member with a wrongful death accident claim in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Fernando Valley, Ventura and all of California.
We have over 40 years experience handling personal injury & wrongful death accident cases and during that time our injury accident lawyers have successfully resolved thousands and thousands of injury accident cases for many millions of dollars.For more information, please see our Personal Injury & Wrongful Death home page and our many Client Testimonials.
There are many easy ways to contact our personal injury & wrongful death accident lawyers:
- Call us:
- Local: 818.222.3400 (after hours, please press 1)
- Toll Free: 866.465.8792 (after hours, please press 1)
- Send us an email at info@WalchLaw.com
On personal injury accident cases & wrongful death accident cases there is NO charge for our initial consultation – it is absolutely FREE! And we work on a contingency fee which means we do not get paid until you win and then our fee comes out of the recovery paid by the insurance company and not out of your own pocket!
We look forward to speaking with you and helping you resolve your legal problems.