Bus Accident Advice
Buses are used daily in Los Angeles and throughout the state of California as a primary means of transportation. With buses as a common mode of transportation, bus accidents can and do occur almost daily in Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley and throughout California. These types of accidents can result in serious personal injuries.
If you are involved in any bus accident, here are a few helpful tips so you know how to respond (see disclaimer at bottom):
- Always Be prepared – When traveling on a bus, make sure to have your cell phone with you. Not only can this be used to call for help if necessary, but it can be used to take pictures or record video if you are involved in a bus crash. Other handy items include a pen and pad (to write down what you saw) and if you have special medical conditions, a card that states what they are and how you should be treated.
- Evaluate Injuries – A bus crash can result in serious injuries. Because of the size of a bus and the fact that most passengers are not wearing any kind of safety restraint, there is an increased risk of injuries if an accident occurs. First, check yourself for injuries and then, if you are able to do so safely, check others for any injuries. Be sure to call 911 for assistance as there may be many passengers, other drivers, or pedestrians who may be severely injured.
- Contact Police – In a bus accident, it is absolutely necessary to call the police. Officers will need to come to the scene to document what occurred. This is very important because the police report will be useful later in determining fault and who must compensate those that were injured. Some parties admit fault to an accident on the scene but then say something different later on. When police document exactly what happened it can help prevent parties from changing their story later on if it is found they are at fault.
- Obtain and record information – Having a camera on your phone can be extremely useful to document and record what happened in the bus accident. You can use your camera to record:
- The aftermath of the bus accident (if safe) and the location of the bus and other vehicles
- The bus number and all identifying information relating to the bus, including bus line and route numbers.
- The driver’s driving license
- Passengers and their injuries
- Vehicle descriptions including make, model, color, anything written on the other vehicle(s) such as company names, telephone numbers, logos or other identifying information;
- Contact a Skilled Bus Accident Attorney- If you are injured in a bus accident it is important to contact a skilled California bus accident attorney who can assist you in navigating this situation. When you are injured in a bus accident due to the fault of another you deserve to receive financial compensation for your injuries. An experienced attorney can help you get this compensation through a personal injury claim. At Walch Law, we have years of experience handling California bus accident and other personal injury claims.
We can assist you every step of the way including helping you with:
- Handling statements made to bus company adjusters, insurers, and other investigators (do NOT make these statements on your own)
- Filing required reports to police, the DMV and insurance companies—these reports are important especially if the accident was a hit and run accident or the driver that caused the accident did not have insurance.
- Meeting deadlines required in personal injury claims so that you don’t miss out on your opportunity for compensation.
- Conducting a thorough investigation to determine fault
- Filing your personal injury claim to get the compensation you deserve—under California law you can receive compensation for your medical expenses, emotional distress and pain and suffering, lost wages, and more!
If possible, try to take down the names and contact information of those involved in the bus accident. This includes the bus driver, passengers on the bus (especially those who were injured and who witnessed what occurred), the driver and owner of each and every other involved vehicle and their passengers, all witnesses and their drivers' license numbers, if possible.
If you or someone you love is involved in a bus accident that resulted injuries, you should immediately contact an experienced California Personal Injury Attorney for help. We can assist you in obtaining the quality medical treatment you need to heal physically, mentally, and emotionally. Bus accidents often require a detailed investigation and dealing with the bus owner, which is often the government. This can be both confusing and frustrating.
We have the experience you want when handling these types of claims and will work hard in your case! At Walch Law the initial case consultation is always FREE and we work on contingency—this means no fees until you win your case. Contact us now for your consultation by calling 818-222-3400 or toll free 1-866 Injury 2 (1-866-465-8792) (after hours, please press 1).Disclaimer
The information contained in this Website is provided for general informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter or any particular claim or case. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without first seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a California Bus Accident Attorney or an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this Website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, strategy, laws, verdicts or settlements. These Attorneys and Firm expressly disclaim all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this general page and entire Website.