Slip & Fall Accident Injury Advice
What you should do if you had a slip and fall or trip and fall accident injury or other premise liability accident injury on someone else’s property in Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley or anywhere in California
People frequently slip and fall or trip and fall. Sometimes they are lucky and do not sustain any injury. Sometimes they are not so lucky and sustain injury, sometimes serious injuries such as a fractured leg, ankle, foot or knee, torn ligaments, and head, neck and back injury. If the slip and fall injury or trip and fall injury occurred on someone else’s property, including a public sidewalk, due to the fault or negligent acts or omissions of another, then the injured person may have a claim for compensation against the responsible party and that person’s insurance company.
In general, the owner of property must make it safe for the owner’s invited guests and general public. If the owner created an unsafe or dangerous condition or someone else did and the owner knew about it or reasonably should have known about it but failed to provide fair warning and/or correct or remedy the unsafe or dangerous condition, then the owner may be liable for all money damages caused by this unsafe or dangerous condition on the owner’s property. For more information about slip & fall, trip & fall and other premise liability accidents, please see our Premises Liability web page.
If you or someone you care about is injured in a slip & fall or trip & fall incident in Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley or anywhere in California, here are some things to do:
- If you need immediate medical assistance, call 911 for paramedics.
- If there is no one else present, then also call 911 for the police to assist and also to make a report as proving not just how the fall occurred but also that the incident actually occurred is very important.
- Take photographs of anything and everything that caused or may have caused the slip & fall. This may include a slippery substance on the floor, holes, an uneven walkway or something else. Remember, most mobile telephone devices include a phone and/or video function.
- In addition to photos of the cause of the fall, take photos of all visible injuries and the entire scene, including any other unsafe conditions as this may help prove overall careless and negligent practices.
- Make careful notes of everything unsafe you see.
- Look to see if there are any video cameras that may have recorded what occurred and note their locations.
- Report the slip & fall incident to anyone in charge of the area where it occurred, such as a super-market, restaurant or other business. Do NOT leave the scene, if possible, before reporting the incident.
- Obtain the names and contact information of any and all witnesses.
- Note the exact address where the fall occurred, including the name of any business.
- Make an accident report while at the scene of the fall to confirm what occurred, including all pains and injuries no matter how slight they may feel then, and request a copy.
- If you do not receive a copy of the accident report, follow-up right away or, if you retained a personal injury lawyer, then tell your lawyer that you made a report and ask your lawyer’s law office to request a copy.
- Obtain appropriate medical care at a local hospital emergency room or urgent care center. If the injuries are not severe and you prefer to see a private doctor, contact our slip & fall personal injury lawyers for names of doctors who will work on a lien and not request payment until your claim is resolved.
- Be sure to tell every doctor you see all pains and injuries, no matter how slight, as they may become worse later and early documentation is very important to success.
- Do NOT give any additional statements to the property owner or the owner’s insurance adjuster. It is best to let an experienced personal injury accident attorney handle all such communication.
- Please contact our personal injury accident attorneys as soon as possible to let you know if you have a case and what you should do and, sometimes even more importantly, what you should NOT do. The consultation on slip & fall, trip & fall and other premise liability injury accident cases is always FREE and with our law firm there is NO fee unless and until you WIN!
Slip & Fall, Trip & Fall and other premise liability accidents can be very serious, sometimes even fatal resulting in a wrongful death claim by the family of the deceased. Immediate medical care and legal advice are necessary to obtain the care, personal attention and legal advice, and monetary recovery your family and you deserve.
Please Contact Our Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley and California Slip & Fall and Premise Liability Personal Injury Lawyers Now and Obtain a FREE ConsultationWe have over 40 Years Experience You Can Trust!
And we have handled Thousands of Premise Liability and other Personal Injury Accident Cases!
Local: 818.222.3400 (after hours, please press 1) or
Toll Free: 866 INJURY 2 or 866.465.8792 (after hours, please press 1)
Email us: info@WalchLaw.com or click on our contact link
to tell us about your case
Remember, with our personal injury law firm
On slip and fall, premise liability and other personal injury accident injury cases
We offer an absolutely FREE consultation
There is NO fee unless & until you win!