Truvada HIV Drugs
Attorneys ready to help you with your Truvada Injury Case
If you or a family member or loved one has been injured due to use of Truvada (an antiviral HIV drug), contact the skilled Woodland Hills Truvada injury attorneys right away. Our attorneys can help you get the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries. Our personal injury lawyers assist Truvada injury victims all over California and the United States. We have more than 40 years of experience and have successfully handled thousands of injury claims. Our case consultation and evaluation is always FREE, so please contact us now to schedule yours!What is Truvada?
Truvada is a prescription medication that is used to treat HIV-1 infection, which is the virus that causes AIDs. It is made from a combination of emtricitabine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. This medicine is not a cure for HIV or AIDS, but when used with other HIV-1 medicines it can help treat the HIV-1 virus. It can also be used as a treatment for individuals who may be expose to HIV, but do not yet have the virus.How Truvada Works
The medicines that make up Truvada are used to stop HIV infected cells from replicating inside the body. When a person has HIV, the virus takes over and infects cells. Those infected cells make more cells that are also infected with HIV. Truvada works to stop the infected cells from producing more of the virus. The goal of Truvada, when taken along with other HIV medicines is to slow or stop the virus from growing and spreading. In a person that does not have HIV, the medicine works to prevent that person from contracting the virus if they are at risk of being exposed.Harmful Effects of Truvada
Though Truvada is intended to be a helpful medication for those suffering from HIV or at risk of HIV exposure, the medicine also has several serious side effects. Many patients took Truvada without understanding that they were at risk of these side effects. Two of the most severe of these side effects include:
- Kidney Problems — The use of Truvada has been connected to serious kidney problems, including kidney failure. The different drugs that make up Truvada, specifically tenofovir DF, are processed in the kidneys. The kidneys, however, have a difficult time eliminating the excess drug which can cause the kidneys to quit functioning properly or stop working all together. Kidney damage or failure includes harmful symptoms such as fatigue, nausea and vomiting, swollen ankles, and urination problems. Ultimately, these issues can require extensive medical treatment including dialysis or even kidney transplant.
- Bone Problems — Many patients also suffered from bone issues after using Truvada. Studies have shown that Truvada causes harm to bones including bone softening, bone thinning, and pain. When the bones are weakened it can lead to other serious health problems such as osteoporosis or bone fractures. These problems can be painful and limit your ability to participate in physical activities and even day to day tasks.
Many Truvada users who have been injured by the serious side effects of the drug, have chosen to take legal action against the company, Gilead Sciences, Inc., that manufactured the drug. When a company manufactures a drug, that company becomes responsible for ensuring that the drug is safe and making sure that doctors and patients clearly understand the health risks and side effected associated with the drug. When company does not do this, they should be liable for the injuries they cause to users.
Truvada users may have claims against Gilead Sciences because the company failed to warn them of the serious side effects such as kidney damage and bone damage the drug could cause. There are also claims that Gilead knew of safer alternatives and misrepresented how effective Truvada could be and how safe it was.
When a group of people bring a claim against the same company because they are injured by the same product, it is called a mass tort. Mass torts are common when a medicine hurts users, like in the case of Truvada. Each person hurt by the drug still files their own individual case but has the benefit of sharing resources with other plaintiffs. This means that plaintiffs can share information, discovery, and other materials for the case, but still receive personalized compensation that is based on their specific losses and injuries caused by Truvada.
Bringing a mass tort claim for your injuries may seem overwhelming. However, with the help of a skilled Woodland Hills Truvada Injury Attorney, you can have the assistance you need to get the compensation you deserve. Bringing a claim can be very beneficial—you may be entitled to financial compensation for any hospital costs and other medical expenses that you incurred as a result of your Truvada injuries, as well as mental health care costs, lost wages and lost earning potential, loss of enjoyment of life, and any other expenses and damages losses you suffered due to using the harmful drug.Talk to an Experienced Woodland Hills Truvada Injury Attorney
If you have been injured by taking Truvada, or someone you care about has suffered Truvada related injuries, contact the experienced Woodland Hills Truvada Injury attorneys at Walch Law right away. We understand the ins and outs of bringing mass tort claims against large corporations thanks to years of experience representing clients with these claims. When big corporations like Gilead Sciences harm people with their products, they need to be held responsible for their actions. We can help you bring your claim against this manufacturer to get your deserved compensation for your injuries.
If you took Truvada and have been injured, contact us today for a free case consultation by calling 866-INJURY2 (866-465-8792). We can go over the details of your case and help determine whether you have a claim. We can answer your questions about the mass tort claim process and how it can be a way for you to recover financially for your losses. Don’t hesitate! Call us today to schedule your FREE consultation!How a Personal Injury Claim Works—The Basics
If you have suffered an injury due to the fault of another person, you deserve to receive compensation not only for your injuries, but also any other harm (or in legal terms, damages) your injury caused in your life. By bringing a Southern California personal injury claim against the party responsible for your injuries, you can receive financial compensation for your harm.
If you are considering bringing a personal injury claim for your injuries—whether they were caused by a car accident, motorcycle accident, pedestrian accident, or even train accident—there are a few things you may want to know about the process. The basic steps of a personal injury claim include:
- Contacting an Experienced Southern California Personal Injury Attorney — When you decide to bring a personal injury claim after you have been injured due to the fault of another person or party, the first thing you will want to do is speak with a skilled Southern California personal injury attorney. When you are trying to recover physically, the last thing you want to worry about is your claim. By contacting a knowledgeable attorney, they can help you handle your claim from start to finish and work to get the financial recovery you deserve.
- Communication with Insurance Companies — Once you contact your personal injury attorney, they will be able to help you will every other step of the personal injury claim process, including communicating with the Insurance companies involved. You will need to open a claim with your insurance and the insurance of the person that caused your injuries. Your attorney will send the companies a notification letter to let them know you will be making a claim.
- Gathering Information and Investigation — Your personal injury attorney will take time to talk to you about your injuries, gather information about the accident, review your medical records and bills, and gather information about any other harm your injuries caused. This can include lost wages due to missing work, emotional damages, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Demand and Negotiation — After gathering the information needed for your claim, your attorney will prepare a demand letter. This letter will contain the details of your accident, injuries, and damages and the financial compensation you desire. This is generally only sent once you have physically recovered as much as you can, so any costs associated with the injury are included. After your demand letter is sent, your attorney will negotiate with the insurance company if they do not initially agree to your demand.
- Settlement — If all goes well with your negotiation, you will typically be offered a settlement by the insurance company. This is the amount of money they are willing to pay you for your injuries and other damages. Your attorney will always talk to you before accepting a settlement. If a settlement cannot be reached, going to trial is an option, and your attorney would fight to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured in any type of accident caused by another person, bringing a personal injury claim is a way for you to be compensated for the pain, heartache, hassle, and expense that your injuries caused in your life. The attorneys at Walch Law have years of experience handling personal injury claims throughout Southern California. We offer a FREE case consultation to anyone injured—we can answer questions you have about the personal injury claim process and explain what you need to do to get started. Call us today to schedule your consultation at 866-465-8792.