Have you or someone you care about been involved in a truck accident in Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley or elsewhere in California?
Because of their size, truck collisions, including accidents involving very large big rig trucks, referred to as 18 wheelers, often result in very serious injuries and damages to the occupants of smaller vehicles.
With California truck accident cases, many different issues may arise so prompt investigation is advised. One potential issue pertains to the route the truck driver was following, how much time the driver was given to complete the route and how many rest stops are allotted and for how long. Many truck collisions occur due to tired drivers who, due to incentives or other reasons, attempt to cover too much ground in a day. Sometimes this results in drivers falling asleep on the road and losing control of the truck.
Other times, truck accidents occur because, due to the size of the trucks, they often cannot stop in time when there is a stopped car or other type of hazard ahead. Truck drivers need proper training, including to maintain an extra space cushion when driving, because of the weight of their vehicle and potential for serious injuries that their vehicles may inflict. When a truck driver does not use extra caution, especially in bad weather, a truck collision causing serious injuries may occur.
Many truck accidents are also caused due to the low visibility and large blind spots that most big rig trucks have. For this reason, it is always advised to keep a safe distance from trucks, especially on the freeway.
Because big rig trucks and other types of commercial trucks are usually covered by commercial insurance policies, the insurance coverage for the drivers of these vehicles is oftentimes much larger than those for individual automobile drivers. These larger policies are often necessary due to the serious injuries and deaths that their vehicles can cause to the occupants of much smaller cars, motorcycles and pedestrians.
Our firm strives to recover the full compensation our clients deserve for their serious injuries resulting from truck collisions, including all damages allowed under California law for all injuries suffered, such as the following:
- All past and future medical, hospital, physical therapy, psychological and dental charges;
- All past and future loss of earnings and also all time lost at work, even if paid for it under sick leave, vacation time or other benefits as the responsible party should not benefit by the benefits you earned and may have used up;
- Loss of enjoyment of life and activities you lost and missed out on;
- All past and future pain, suffering, emotional distress and inconvenience;
- All property damage, rental charges and all loss of use of property (as sometimes one cannot afford to rent a replacement vehicle but still suffers from the loss of use of that property and, therefore, is entitled to compensation);
- All diminution in value of your property, that is the difference in value after it was repaired compared to its pre-collision value, which is usually more and you are usually entitled to that extra compensation;
- And any and all other appropriate damages permitted under California law.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident caused by a truck, call our office as we have been handling truck injury cases for over 40 years.
Call our offices now for a FREE consultation with an experienced injury attorney or any member of our legal team.