Accidents Caused by Use of Cell Phones, Other Mobile Devices and Distracted Drivers
Cell phone use in California and the entire United States is widespread and growing. While many people continue to engage in using cell phones while driving, research has shown that most people support some legislative efforts to limit the use of cell phones while driving. Cell phone use while driving distracts the driver and results in many accidents each year. Some of these distracted driver accidents cause injuries and some of these accidents even cause deaths or fatalities with wrongful death accident claims.
If you were injured in any car accident involving a distracted driver using a cell phone, or if a family member was killed with a wrongful death claim, then please contact us now so we may help you. Our consultation and case evaluation is FREE! There are many deadlines, including the California statute of limitations requiring settlement or suit within a certain time or your claim will be barred or dismissed by the passage of too much time. Please do NO let that happen to you—please contact us now.Statistics for Accidents Involving Use of Cell Phone and or Distracted Driver
Approximately 660,000 drivers use their cell phones while driving during daylight hours, creating a large potential for crashes and fatalities; and distracted driving accounts for approximately 25% of all motor vehicle crash fatalities, according to Teen Safe.
According to a study by the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), in 2013 there were 415 people killed in crashes when at least one of the drivers involved in the crash was using a cell phone. With greater use of cell phones each year, this number is increasing.
More startling is the fact that during this same year of 2013, cell phone related crashes were reportedly responsible for causing about 28,000 injuries. See Report of the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), entitled “Cellular Phone Distracted Driving: A Review of the Literature and Summary of Crash and Driver Characteristics in California”
Further, in 2016, there were 3,450 people killed in distracted-affected driving crashes (including the use of cell phone or other mobile devices) and 263 or 8% of them were teens (people aged 15-19 years of age), according to the United States Department of Transportation, National Highway Safety Administration
In addition, there were 3,210 drivers killed in distracted crashes in 2016; and there were 3,599 people killed in teen (people aged 15-19 years of age) related driving crashes in 2016, according to the United States Department of Transportation, National Highway Safety AdministrationHow Can You Get Help When Injured in an Accident Involving a Cell Phone and a Distracted Driver in Los Angeles and Throughout California
Our personal injury and wrongful death lawyers and legal team are devoted to helping our clients get the very best results, including helping our clients get the best possible medical care (without any payment due until their case is resolved), helping get their car or truck repaired or paid off if it’s a total loss, plus obtaining a rental car and when appropriate payment for diminution in value of car post repairs (because after a major accident and repair, the repaired car or truck is just not worth as much as it was worth before the collision), and the maximum monetary recovery possible for all pain, suffering, inconvenience and loss of enjoyment of daily life activities.
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident or other motor vehicle collision caused by a driver using a cell phone or other mobile device, or distracted for any reason, or a family member tragically killed, we would like to help!
- Over 43 years’ of experience successfully resolving thousands of car accident claims in Los Angeles, including in Calabasas, Canoga Park, Van Nuys and Woodland Hills, and throughout all of California, including cases caused by cell phone use and distracted drivers.
- We work extremely hard to obtain the maximum monetary recovery for your case.
- We have recovered over $100 million dollars for our injured clients.
- Our entire law firm concentrates in handling personal injury and wrongful death accident claims throughout Los Angeles and California, many involving distracted drivers and improper use of cell phones.
- Our personal injury and wrongful death lawyers have a success rate of over 95%!* If we do not think you have a good claim, we let you know and there is NO charge for our initial consultation on personal injury and wrongful death accident cases.
- With our personal injury firm there is NO fee until we win and our consultation is absolutely FREE.
- It is very easy to contact us: Call us toll free at 1.866 INJURY 2 or 1-866-465-8792 or 818.222.3400 and after hours just press “1” or just click here for our easy contact form.
- Immediate help with medical care including with doctors, physical therapy and medical specialists, property damage repair and settlement, diminution in value claims, medications, prescriptions, etc.
- Immediate assistance with cash advances and emergency loans when appropriate as we understand the many problems that result from serious injuries, including being out-of-work, loss of income, etc.
- Personal Injury Attorney of Year 2010, 2014 and 2017**
- Personal Injury Law Firm of Year 2011, 2014 and 2017**
- Selected Top Lawyers In California (Highest in Ethical Standards & Professional Excellence)
- Past Chairperson of Civil Litigation-Tort Section of the Westwood Bar Association
- Served as Arbitrator, Los Angeles Superior Court
- Graduate of UCLA School of Law, 1975
- Graduated UCLA Summa cum laude (with highest honors) and Phi Beta Kappa (Nation’s Top Academic Scholastic Honor Society)
- All law offices partners are local -- born & raised in Southern California
If you or anyone you care about has been involved in a car accident or any truck, motorcycle or other motor vehicle collision, or a family member killed with a wrongful death accident claim, caused by the negligent use of a cell phone or other distracted driver, please call 1.866 INJURY 2 or contact our law office now as we have successfully resolved thousands of car accident injury cases and other serious personal injury cases for over 43 years and we would like to help you. We invite you to see what others say about us.
We are NOT like the rest. We have over 43 years experience, successfully winning thousands and thousands of injury accidents, including wromgful death claims and claims arising from use of cell phones and distracted drivers.
The insurance companies have trained adjusters working to increase their profits and to either limit or even deny your claim, so please do NOT wait. Please call our auto accident law firm now for a FREE consultation with an experienced car accident injury attorney or any support member of our legal team.