Red Light Car Accident Personal Injury Lawyers
Red Light Car Accident Personal Injury Collisions In Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, Ventura & California
According to a 2008 report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)., red light accident collisions caused 762 deaths; and the NHTSA also has estimated that approximately 165,000 people are injured in red light car and other accidents each year. If you or a loved one have sustained any injury, or if you know anyone who was killed in a red light car accident resulting in a wrongful death accident claim, in Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley, San Bernardino or anywhere in the state of California, we encourage you to contact our personal injury lawyers and law offices now so you may receive an absolutely FREE COURTESY CONSULTATION from one of our highly qualified red light collision car accident personal injury attorneys.Causes of Red Light Collisions
In over 40 years of experience in dealing with thousands of red light car, motorcycle, truck and other motor vehicle accidents and collisions, we have discovered several common factors that lead to these red light accidents, which include the following:
- Car, truck or motorcycle rushes to “make the light” while it is on yellow and ends up entering the intersection on a red traffic signal light, where other vehicles are turning or driving perpendicular to the driver, leading to a hard impact car accident
- Car driver makes an error by thinking he or she could beat the light on the yellow, but then changes mind and attempts to stop at red light, but, due to high speed, car ends up passing the red light anyways, crashing into another car, truck or other vehicle
- A driver passes the red light due to inattention or recklessness and crashes into another car on its green traffic light
- A car lawfully in the intersection turns left after its traffic signal turns red as another second driver, not aware that the first car is making a left turn, accelerates (or “jumps the light”) on the green light and crashes into the left turning car.
- Bad weather conditions that include a blinding setting sun, rain, snow, icy roads and fog.
Most of the time, the fault (i.e., the legal liability) for a red light car accident falls on the driver who entered or crossed into the intersection on the red light. A typical example occurs when the at fault car enters on a red traffic light when the opposing car, already lawfully in the intersection, turns left blocking the path of the car that entered the intersection on a red light, resulting in a violent two-car collision.
In addition, there are times when a driver enters the intersection on a green but is still at fault, including when the first driver, already lawfully in the intersection and waiting for traffic to clear before turning left, then completes the left-turn right after the light turns red, when the second vehicle, entering on a green light in a perpendicular direction “jumps the green light” and enters the intersection before the intersection clears and collides with the lawfully left turning vehicle.
California Vehicle Code Section 21453 addresses red light rules, stating the law in California as follows:
- "A driver facing a steady circular red signal alone shall stop at a marked limit line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then before entering the intersection, and shall remain stopped until an indication to proceed is shown, except as provided in subdivision (b)."
- "Except when a sign is in place prohibiting a turn, a driver, after stopping as required by subdivision (a), facing a steady circular red signal, may turn right, or turn left from a one-way street onto a one-way street. A driver making that turn shall yield the right-of-way to pedestrians lawfully within an adjacent crosswalk and to any vehicle that has approached or is approaching so closely as to constitute an immediate hazard to the driver, and shall continue to yield the right-of-way to that vehicle until the driver can proceed with reasonable safety."
- "A driver facing a steady red arrow signal shall not enter the intersection to make the movement indicated by the arrow and, unless entering the intersection to make a movement permitted by another signal, shall stop at a clearly marked limit line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or if none, then before entering the intersection, and shall remain stopped until an indication permitting movement is shown."
- "Unless otherwise directed by a pedestrian control signal as provided in Section 21456, a pedestrian facing a steady circular red or red arrow signal shall not enter the roadway."
In a typical red light intersection car accident, the first car or vehicle lawfully entered the intersection on a green or yellow light and is slammed into by a second car or other vehicle which entered against a red traffic signal. Such intersection accidents usually result in violent collisions, with major property damage, often totaling one or both cars or other vehicles, and causing severe personal injuries to the drivers and passengers in their cars, trucks or motorcycles.
Common injuries that are caused by the red light collisions are neck and whiplash injuries, due to the strong impact to the side of the vehicle from the second car, as well as back, shoulder, arm, hip and leg injuries, including fractures. In addition, the driver of the car that passes the red light may suffer multiple injuries and fractures ranging from broken shoulders to broken legs and sometimes even a damaged spinal cord that could lead to permanent injuries beyond repair.Finding Highly Qualified and Experienced Red Light Accident Personal Injury Attorneys
Our very experienced and highly qualified car, tuck, motorcycle and motor vehicle collision personal injury accident lawyers have over 40 years of experience in helping injured victims of red light car and motor vehicle accidents throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and all of California. Some of the accomplishments and credentials of our personal injury lawyers and law offices include the following:
- Over $100,000,000 recovered for our clients
- Over 95% success rate in thousands of car accident injury cases
- Selected Top Lawyers in California (Highest in Ethical Standards & Professional Excellence)
- Served as Arbitrator, Los Angeles Superior Court
- Graduated UCLA Summa cum laude (with highest honors) and selected to Phi Beta Kappa (nations oldest national honor society)
- Member of the California State Bar since 1975