Car Accident Injury Damages
California law provides that victims of car accidents have the legal right to be compensated in money for their injuries and damages. In California, every person who has suffered any injury through the fault of another is entitled “to be made whole.” That is, to be restored as far as possible to their pre-injury condition by compensatory money damages. In that regard, California Civil Code Section 3281 specifically states as follows:
- Car Accident (Home Page)
- Car Accident Injury Damages
- Rear-End Car Accident Injury Lawyers
- Left Turn And Intersection Car Accident Injury Lawyers
- Red Light Car Accident Personal Injury Lawyers
- Stop Sign Accident
- Head-On Collision Car Accident Personal Injury Attorneys
- U-Turn Car Accident Personal Injury Attorneys
- Car Accident Attorney
- Speeding Accidents in California
- T-Bone Injury Accident
“Every person who suffers detriment from the unlawful act or omission of another, may recover from the person in fault a compensation therefor in money, which is called damages.” Civil Code Section 3281.
California law further sets forth the general measure of such compensatory money damages in tort actions such as car accident claims, expressly providing at California Civil Code Section 3333, as follows:
“For the breach of an obligation not arising from contract, the measure of damages, except where otherwise expressly provided by this Code, is the amount which will compensate for all the detriment proximately caused thereby, whether it could have been anticipated or not.” Civil Code Section 3333.
With over 40 years’ experience successfully resolving thousands of car accident injury claims in Los Angeles and throughout all of California, our car accident lawyers fight to obtain the compensation and money damages that our injured clients deserve, including all damages allowed under California law for all injuries and damages suffered from car accident and other motor vehicle collisions, including the following money damages:
- All past and future medical expenses, including, but not limited to, all ambulance, paramedic, emergency room and hospital, doctor and other specialists, physical therapy, MRI and other scans, psychological therapy and dental charges;
- All past and future loss of earnings and also all time lost or missed at work, even if paid for it under sick leave, vacation time or other benefits as under the California Collateral Source Rule the responsible party should not benefit by payments made by others (e.g., your employer) or the work benefits you earned and may have used up;
- Loss of enjoyment of life and all the activities you missed-out on;
- All property damage, including for repairs and total loss damages;
- All rental charges and time without your car or other vehicle even if you could not afford to rent a replacement vehicle (also known as loss of use claims);
- Diminution of value of your car or other motor vehicle since often a motor vehicle is worth less post repair than it was worth pre-collision and you should be paid for this additional loss in value;
- All past and future pain, suffering, emotional distress and inconvenience;
- Punitive and exemplary damages when the other party has acted willfully, intentionally and/or with a conscious disregard of your rights & safety;
- If the injury occurred while working, then also pursuing all benefits permitted under California’s Workers’ Compensations laws.
- And any and all other appropriate damages and compensation permitted under California law.
Each car accident claim is different so to best determine which money damages and the amount of compensation which you may be entitled to under California law in your particular case, we invite you to contact our car accident injury lawyers now for your FREE courtesy consultation. And remember, with our firm, on car accident and other personal injury cases, there is NO fee until you win!How to Find an Experienced Car Accident Injury Lawyer
If you or anyone you care about has been involved in a car, truck, motorcycle accident or any motor vehicle collision, please call or contact our car accident attorneys now as we have successfully resolved thousands of car accident injury cases and other serious personal injury cases for over 40 years and we would like to help you. We invite you to see what others say about us.
The insurance companies have trained adjusters working to increase their profits and either limit or even deny your claim, so please do NOT wait. Please call our law offices now for an absolutely FREE consultation with an experienced car accident injury attorney or any member of our legal team.