Car Accident Injury Damages
- Car Accident (Home Page)
- Car Accident Injury Damages
- Rear-End Car Accident Injury Lawyers
- Left Turn And Intersection Car Accident Injury Lawyers
- Red Light Car Accident Personal Injury Lawyers
- Stop Sign Accident
- Head-On Collision Car Accident Personal Injury Attorneys
- U-Turn Car Accident Personal Injury Attorneys
- Car Accident Attorney
- Speeding Accidents in California
- T-Bone Injury Accident
California law provides that victims of car accidents have the legal right to be compensated in money for their injuries and damages. In California, every person who has suffered any injury through the fault of another is entitled “to be made whole.” That is, to be restored, as far as possible, to their pre-injury condition by compensatory money damages. In that regard, California Civil Code Section 3281 specifically states:
“Every person who suffers detriment from the unlawful act or omission of another, may recover from the person in fault a compensation therefor in money, which is called damages.” Civil Code Section 3281.
California law further sets forth the general amount of such compensatory money damages in tort actions such as car accident claims, expressly providing at California Civil Code Section 3333, that:
“For the breach of an obligation not arising from contract, the measure of damages, except where otherwise expressly provided by this Code, is the amount which will compensate for all the detriment proximately caused thereby, whether it could have been anticipated or not.” Civil Code Section 3333.
With over 45 years of experience successfully resolving thousands of car accident injury claims in Los Angeles and throughout all of California, our Woodland Hills car injury attorneys fight to obtain the compensation and money damages that our injured clients deserve, including all damages allowed under California law for all injuries and damages suffered from car accident and other motor vehicle collisions. You can recovery financially for:
- All past and future medical expenses, including, but not limited to, all ambulance, paramedic, emergency room and hospital, doctor and other specialists, physical therapy, MRI and other scans, psychological therapy and dental charges;
- All past and future loss of earnings and time lost or missed at work, even if already paid for under sick leave or vacation time.
- Loss of enjoyment of life and all the activities you missed-out on;
- All property damage, including for repairs and total loss damages;
- All rental charges and time without your car or other vehicle even if you could not afford to rent a replacement vehicle (also known as loss of use claims);
- Diminution of value of your car or other motor vehicle since often a motor vehicle is worth less after it is repaired than it was worth pre-collision. You should be compensated for this additional loss in value;
- All pain and suffering, including emotional distress and inconvenience;
- Punitive and exemplary damages when the other party has acted willfully, intentionally and/or with a conscious disregard of your rights & safety;
- If the injury occurred while working, you can also pursue all benefits permitted under California’s Workers’ Compensations laws.
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to these damages and any other appropriate damages and compensation permitted under California law.Get the Help of an Experienced Woodland Hills Car Injury Attorney
Remember, each car accident claim is different—to best determine which money damages and the amount of compensation which you may be entitled to under California law in your particular case, we invite you to contact our talented team of lawyers. Also, insurance companies have trained adjusters working to fight to either limit or even deny your claim, so you don’t want to go at your claim alone. Instead, If you or a loved one has been involved in a car or other motor vehicle accident, contact Walch Law right away. We can go over the specifics of your case during a FREE courtesy consultation and answer any questions you may have about damages you may be entitled to.
Our skilled legal team is ready and willing to help you obtain the compensation you deserve for you car accident injuries. Check out what others say about us and then give us a call at 866-465-8792 to schedule your free consultation!