Woodland Hills Car Accident Lawyers
Woodland Hills is a large suburb of Los Angeles. The neighborhood borders the Santa Monica mountains and is home to over 67,000 people. With this many people living in the area, on top of the numerous drivers who commute to and from Los Angeles, it is not surprising that many car accidents occur on Woodland Hills streets such as Ventura and Valley Circle Blvd and its nearby freeways and highways such as the Ventura 101 Freeway.
Unfortunately, no matter how careful you are, car accidents can and do occur on Woodland Hills streets. These car accidents have left people severely injured and have even resulted in death. If you are injured in a car accident caused by another driver’s reckless or negligent driving, you deserve compensation for your injuries. By contacting an experienced Woodland Hills car accident attorney, you can start taking steps to get the financial recovery you deserve.Gather Information After a Car Accident
When you are involved in a car accident in Woodland Hills, or anywhere else in Los Angeles, it is important to gather specific information. This information can be vital to your claim to recover compensation for your injuries. If possible, and after calling for medical attention, gather the following information:
- The other driver’s personal and insurance information—for example, take pictures of their driver’s license and insurance card, write down their full name address and phone number, etc.
- Photos and videos of the car and accident site—if possible, safely take pictures of all vehicles involved, the accident site, and your injuries.
- Contact information— try to gather contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident as their accounts will become incredibly valuable in reconstructing exactly what happened.
Additionally, it is important to get a copy of the police report from your accident. If you don’t have a copy of the Woodland Hills car accident police report right now, don’t worry we can get it for you.
The Los Angeles Topanga Community Police station serves the Woodland Hills area, though you can obtain the report from the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) online or via mail by filling out the proper forms, providing the required details, and paying the $17.00 fee.
Providing the police report and the other above-mentioned information to a skilled Woodland Hills car accident attorney can be extremely useful in helping you obtain deserved compensation for your injuries. In car accident cases, it is important to know and understand all the facts of exactly what happened—this is because in order to receive compensation for your injuries, you will need to use the facts to prove that the other driver (or party) was responsible, either totally or partially, for the accident that caused your injuries.
And what if you weren’t able to collect any information at the accident scene? Don’t worry, we can help. With over 45 years of experience helping car accident victims throughout California, we know how to get the information necessary to make the strongest case for you.Obtaining Financial Recovery for Personal Injuries
If you are injured in a car accident, and are seeking financial compensation for your injuries, your attorney will need to prove that the other driver caused the accident due to their negligence. When it comes to showing negligence in a legal situation, you must show that:
- The other driver owed you a duty of care—when it comes to cars, the legal term duty of care simply means that all drivers have a duty to drive their car in a manner that is safe under the circumstances.
- That duty of care was breached and caused the accident—this means showing that the driver’s chose to drive unsafely (whether it be distracted driving, speeding, or even DUI) and those actions caused the car accident.
- The resulting accident caused your injuries— legally known as proving causation, you will need to show that your injuries were a result of the car accident, and not some other event.
When your attorney successfully proves the elements above, you can then obtain a financial recovery from the party responsible. This recovery can be used to cover the cost of your medical expenses as well as any other losses you experienced as a result of the accident. These losses, referred to as damages, include things such as lost earnings, loss of enjoyment of life, pain and suffering, emotional distress and costs of further physical and mental recovery.Get Help from a Skilled Woodland Hills Car Accident Attorney
At Walch Law we have over 45 years of experience handling car accident personal injury claims, as well as other personal injury claims throughout all of Los Angeles and California. We understand that a car accident can leave you facing financial and physical difficulties. No one should have to suffer due to injuries caused by another person—medical bills can be overwhelming and physical and mental recovery from a car accident can be lengthy, expensive, and disruptive to your ordinary day to day life. And so, you deserve to be compensated.
We offer a free case consultation to those injured in a Woodland Hills or Southern California car accident. We can answer your questions and help you determine if you can prove the required elements to receive financial compensation in your case. Contact us today to schedule your consultation either online or by calling 866-INJURY2 (866-465-8792)!