Studio City Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
In crowded Studio City and surrounding Los Angeles metro area, it’s no wonder people favor walking as a method of avoiding sitting in traffic, running errands and getting around in a healthy and eco-friendly way, avoiding the hassle of finding elusive parking spots, and taking advantage of the area’s beautiful weather. However, those benefits disappear rapidly when pedestrian accidents occur with a motor vehicle, bicyclist, or mass transit vehicle. However, as soon as you hire us the experienced Studio City pedestrian accident attorneys at the Walch Law Group will start working to get you the money you need. Robert and Gary know you need a check quickly to cover your expenses, so there are never unnecessary delays in your case. Call us today to see why having a skilled team with over 45 years of experience and a 95+% percent success rate in your corner is the best choice for you.Risk of Pedestrian Accidents in Studio City
Studio City is the most walkable area in the San Fernando Valley. The Los Angeles River walk, numerous parks, and Ventura’s walking shopping district all make the city pedestrian friendly and an easy place to run errands on foot. However, being a pedestrian in Studio City does not come without risk. Recently, a homeless man on a sidewalk on Ventura Boulevard was struck and critically injured by a car whose intoxicated driver lost control while speeding and jumped onto the sidewalk.Winning a Lawsuit
To win your case and be eligible to recover compensation after a pedestrian accident, another party must have harmed you while engaging in wrongful behavior. Most victims file a personal injury lawsuit claiming someone negligently injured them and is liable for their injuries. To prove negligence, you must show the defendant:
- Owed you a legal duty of care,
- Breached that duty through an action or a failure to act, and
- Injured you as a result of their breach.
You can also create a presumption of negligence if you prove the defendant was breaking a law, rule, or regulation designed to protect people when causing your injuries. There are many laws that are commonly broken when pedestrian accidents occur:
- Driving under the influence
- Texting and driving
- Failing to yield
- Running a red light
Pedestrian accidents often result in catastrophic injuries and massive hospital bills because pedestrians don’t have the same protection as drivers, trains, or even bicyclists who may collide with them.
Once you prove negligence, the wrongdoer is liable for your provable physical, mental, emotional, and financial injuries. Courts may award damages to make you whole for injuries such as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of consortium
- Permanent disability, scarring, or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
The time after you have been injured in a pedestrian accident can understandably be traumatic, overwhelming,and confusing. You may not know what to do next to help yourself or your case. However, there are a few simple tasks you can do that benefit your health and your future case for compensation.
- Seek medical attention immediately. This helps you recover more fully from your physical injuries and provides documentation as to how and when they were caused. It’s important you seek medical care even if you think you weren’t hurt – some types off injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, delay several days before presenting symptoms but can be fatal if left untreated.
- If you can, get the contact information of any eyewitnesses. Get insurance information from any drivers involved.
- Photograph the accident scene, any vehicles involved, any evidence of fault such as skid marks, and your injuries.
- Notify law enforcement and give a statement to the responding officers.
- Keep important documents such as hospital bills, receipts, paystubs, or any expenses related to your injuries or the accident.
Remember not to say anything to harm your case by:
- Admitting fault
- Saying you are “fine” or “are okay”
- Guessing the answer to any questions
- Providing recorded statements to anyone
- Not contacting a Studio City pedestrian accident attorney
We understand the time after a pedestrian accident is overwhelming and you may be unsure what to do next. To get some peace of mind and make sure you take all the right steps, Studio City pedestrian accident lawyers Robert and Gary are here for you. Call today to set up a free initial consultation. Let us answer your questions, review your options, explain the process of pedestrian accident lawsuits, and show you how our more than 45 years of experience with a 95+% success rate can help get you as much money as possible in a hurry.