Saugus Truck Accident Lawyer
Saugus, Santa Clarita, California is home to just over 41,000 people. This small neighborhood was established in 1879 by Henry Newhall as a part of the “Rancho San Francisco” land grant. Newhall named the city after his beloved birthplace Saugus, Massachusetts. Later in 1987 Saugus and three other neighborhoods were merged together to create the city of Santa Clarita. Santa Clarita is known for its amazing schools, beautiful houses, and Magic Mountain Amusement Park.
With so much going on within the city of Saugus, businesses, shops, corporations, and more utilize large trucks to transport their food and other various supplies. Since there are so many large trucks constantly moving in and out of the city, they are commonly involved in accidents throughout Saugus. If you or someone that you care about has been injured in an accident with a large truck, click here to visit our website and learn more about our services. You can talk to one of our seasoned Saugus truck accident lawyers regarding the specific details of your accident and receive a FREE consultation!Types of Truck Accidents in Saugus
18-wheelers (also known as semi-trucks) are far more dangerous when they are involved in an accident than a regular car. This is because they are roughly 15 times heavier than a normal car, making them much harder to slow down and stop when the driver loses control. These large trucks are on average three times longer than a normal vehicle, increasing their range of destruction in an accident.
There are six main types of truck accidents that commonly occur in Saugus. Depending on the accident, some of these categories might overlap, but at least one of them is usually an element of a large truck accident.
- Underride Accidents – Underride accidents happen when smaller vehicles become smashed underneath the trailer of a large semi-truck. This is because semi-trucks have higher frames, making it easier for small cars to slide under them in an accident.
- Blowout Accidents – When a normal car has a tire blowout, the driver can quickly lose control of the vehicle. The same thing happens when an 18-wheeler has a blowout, but because the large truck is bigger and heavier than a normal car, it can cause more damage.
- Jackknife Accidents – When a semi-truck’s cab and trailer fold at the hitch, it is referred to as a truck that has jackknifed. When this happens, the trucks driver loses complete control, causing immediate danger to other vehicles and objects.
- Rollover Accidents – Rollover accidents can be dangerous because when a truck begins to roll, it is difficult to know when and where it will stop. These accidents can block entire highways, taking down anything they come in contact with.
- Unsecured Cargo Accidents – Large trucks are most commonly used to transport goods in large quantities or materials that are too large for smaller vehicles. When these goods and materials are improperly secured, they can fall off at anytime during their transit. This can be particularly dangerous to other vehicles when trucks are traveling at high speeds on the freeway.
- Hazardous Material Accidents – Some semi-trucks are designed to transport hazardous materials from one location to another. Some of these materials include radioactive waste, flammable substances, and biological toxins. If released in an accident, these substances can cause both immediate and long-term damage to all that come in contact with them.
When a large truck is involved in an accident, it can case extreme bodily harm and personal tragedy in your life. Whatever the cause of your accident, Walch Law wants to help you! Call now to learn more about how we will fight to maximize your compensation.Speak to a Seasoned Saugus Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or someone that you love has been hurt in a truck accident that took place in Saugus, call our office now to find out what we can do for you! We will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation from your accident! Call Walch Law now at 866-INJURY2 [866-465-8792] or visit our website to speak with one of our seasoned Saugus truck accident lawyers for a complimentary consultation. You won’t pay a dime until we win your case, and even then, most of your expenses will come from the party responsible for the accident! You’ve got nothing to lose, so call our office today!