Burbank Truck Accident Lawyer
Located in Los Angeles County, Burbank is home to over 100,000 people. Because of its proximity to Hollywood, many movie studios and entertainment companies are headquartered in Burbank. With large corporations frequently transporting goods via large trucks and semis on the freeway, accidents with these oversized vehicles frequently occur in Burbank. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Burbank truck accident, it is important to talk to the top Burbank truck accident lawyers at Walch Law right away. Contact us now at for a free consultation!Truck Accidents Can Result In More Extreme Damages And Injuries
18-wheelers (also known as semi-trucks) are roughly 18 times heavier than most vehicles on the road and have nearly 3 times the surface area. This means that when they get in accidents with other cars, they are likely to cause more damage and injury than a normal car accident. Seeking to recover financially from these accidents is different from a normal accident involving two private, passenger vehicles. Our attorneys at Walch Law stand ready to help you identify those differences and fight for your case.Common Categories of Truck Accidents
- Jackknife Accidents – Jackknifing occurs when the front of a semi and its cargo fold at the hitch. This causes the driver to lose control of the truck, creating an extreme hazard on the road. Jackknifing is one of the more commonly occurring truck accidents and can be caused by a number of incidents, including locked wheels, speeding, slippery roads, and loose goods.
- Rollover Accidents – When a truck rolls over, it can block the entire road and cause severe injury. Common causes of a truck rolling over are negligence by the driver, unexpected maneuvers, hazardous road conditions, poor truck maintenance, and speeding.
- Tire Blowout Accidents – Normal tire blowouts on passenger cars usually result in the vehicle unexpectedly swerving into another lane. This is also what happens when a truck has a tire blowout but is far more dangerous because of the weight and length of the truck. Tire blowouts can also throw debris into the air, quickly obstructing your view. Whether the blowout was caused by defective tires, extreme overuse of the tires, or other maintenance deficiencies, these accidents can result in serious damages to you and your car.
- Unsecured Content Accidents – When trucking companies cut corners to carry more goods on a single truck than they are supposed to, or when they quickly and incorrectly attempt to secure the good that they are transporting, unsecured content accidents are likely to occur. From logs to pipes, cars to tractors, and hay to livestock, unsecured loads can lead to debris on the road. This debris often contributes to accidents on the highway.
- Underride Accidents – Underride accidents occur when a passenger vehicle slide beneath a large truck. This usually happens because trucks frames are higher than most cars. Underride accidents can cause serious injuries because the top of the car can be seriously damaged.
- Hazardous Material Accidents – A hazardous material accident occurs when a large truck was transporting dangerous products gets in an accident that causes the material to spill. Some hazardous material is flammable and can result in lethal fire, such as gasoline, oil, or explosives. Some hazardous material is dangerous if it gets on your skin or if you breathe it in, such as biological pathogens or radioactive substances. This type of truck accident can cause injuries to individuals even if they are not directly involved in the accident, but are exposed to the material from a distance. Whatever the situation, our lawyers want to help you recover from any injury that you received because of a truck accident.
Walch Law has experienced attorneys that want to help you through your accident so that you don’t have to worry about doing it by yourself. Our lawyers know how to win truck accident cases and will represent you against big insurance companies. From the very beginning, we will work hard to minimize the burden that this accident has placed in your life and to get you paid for your injuries. Walch Law has worked through hundreds of truck accidents in Burbank, which means that we are familiar with the local laws that will work in your favor. Insurance companies will try to hide any information that would maximize your return. Walch Law has local attorneys that will use that information to fight for your case! Reach out to us TODAY at 866-INJURY2 [866-465-8792] or https://www.walchlaw.com/ to receive a free consultation!