Personal Injury Accident in Burbank, California
If you have been to Burbank, California, you know that it has much to offer for business and recreational activities. Perfectly located next to Hollywood and Downtown Los Angeles, this beautiful valley has been correctly referred to as the Media Capital of the World. If you are a resident of Burbank, or were passing through when you were injured, know that you are not alone. The talented Burbank personal injury lawyers at Walch Law know that it can be difficult to navigate through the many aspects of personal injury, If you have been injured, contact us today at to see how we can best assist you!What to do Immediately Following a Personal Injury Accident
- If injured, seek immediate medical attention.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer to help you identify what remedies exist and how to pursue them.
- When you are able, write down everything you remember from the incident, and take pictures of the injuries and the location where the injury happened. Identify all the parties involved and exchange information where possible. All the available evidence will be important when negotiating your settlement.
The following are common occurrences in Burbank that result in personal injury to you or a loved one:
- Car Accidents – If you were involved in a car accident while driving through Burbank, you have the right to seek compensation from the individual(s) responsible for the accident. Even if you were partially responsible for the accident, you still have the opportunity to recover financially for the injuries that you sustained.
- Medical Malpractice – If you were injured by a doctor or other medical professional due to a lack of professional care (otherwise known as negligence, you may be entitled to file suit for medical malpractice. You can seek compensation for medical bills, therapy, economic loss (salary or potential salary), and pain and suffering.
- Dog Bites – California has a statute that holds dog owners accountable in the majority of situations when their dog bites an individual. This is known as strict liability and usually applies if the individual was bitten in a public location or while on private property with permission of the owner.
- Other Common Incidents Resulting in Personal Injury – Uber Accidents, Bike Accidents, Hit and Run Accidents, Pedestrian Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Uninsured Motorist Accidents, Defective Product Injuries, and more. Contact one of our lawyers to discuss other types of accidents that you have been involved in to see how we can best help you!
The state of California has established a specific period of time in which your personal injury claim must be filed, also known as the statute of limitations. This statute states that an injured party has two years from the time that they were injured to submit a lawsuit against another party. If your claim is not filed within this time period, it will likely remain unresolved and your right to seek compensation will be terminated. However, if your injury claim is against a California government entity, you must submit it within a period of six months from the time of injury. California Code of Civil Procedure, Section 335.1 covers this very important filing requirement.How a Personal Injury Attorney can Help You
A personal injury lawyer is someone that specializes in helping you maximize damages for an incident in which you were injured. They can help you understand complex legal documents, seek a larger settlement from the at-fault party, or represent your case in the courtroom. They are your resource to answer any question related to your claim. You can receive a free consolation from one of our seasoned attorneys at Walch Law to better understand how we can best help you in your individual circumstance.Contact an Experienced Burbank Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Walch Law has top-rated attorneys capable of helping you with your case NOW. From the time that we begin working with you, we fight to get you paid for your injuries and other damages that have come into your life because of your injury. Walch Law has handled thousands of Burbank person injury claims. We are the local attorneys that you want fighting for your cause! Call us at 866-INJURY2 [866-465-8792] to schedule a free consultation or fill out our contact us form now.