Winnetka Car Accident Injury Lawyer
California Drug-Impaired Driving for March 2013
- Results show that 14 percent of drivers tested positive for drugs that can impair driving, while 7.3 percent of drivers tested positive for alcohol
- Of the drugs, marijuana was most prevalent, at 7.4 percent, slightly more than alcohol
- Based on data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 30 percent of all drivers who were killed in motor vehicle crashes in California in 2011 tested positive for legal and/or illegal drugs
- Results from the 2012 annual “Statewide Traffic Safety Survey” found that over 95 percent of surveyed California drivers perceive as a problem the emergence of driving under the influence of legal and illegal drugs, with 71.5 percent seeing it as a “very big problem”
Car Accident Advice
- Use your camera (mobile cell device) to document the damage to all the vehicles and scene.
- Keep in mind that you want your photos to show the overall context of the entire accident so that you can make a convincing case to an insurance claims adjuster
- If there were witnesses, try to get their contact information; they may be able to help you if the other driver(s) wrongfully claim you are at fault or dispute your version of what happened.
- Drivers should file a state vehicle accident report (SR 1), which is available at police stations and on the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Web site as a downloadable file. We advise contacting an experienced personal injury laawyer and law firm to do this for you. A police report (aka Traffic Collision Report) often helps insurance companies speed up the claims process so if you are not at fault we strongly recommend you call the police and make a report.
Our Winnetka car accident lawyers and law firm provide expert personal injury legal services for those injured in auto, motorcycle and other accidents, and for the relatives and families of those killed in car and other fatal accidents for wrongful death claims, in Winnetka, California, a neighborhood located in the west-central San Fernando Valley in the City of Los Angeles. If you had a car accident or other personal injury claim in Winnetka, Los Angeles or anywhere else in California, please contact our car accident injury attorneys and legal team now for a completely FREE CONSULTATION. For additional helpful information, please visit our updated and comprehensive Car Accident Web Site simply by clicking here. Winnetka is bounded on the north by Chatsworth, on the northeast by Northridge, on the east by Reseda, on the south by Woodland Hills and on the west by Canoga Park. According to the 2000 United States Census, Winnetka is home to more than 40,943 residents.
A Winnetka car accident can be traumatizing and extremely severe for the people involved so it is incredibly important to have an experienced car accident lawyer on your side. The lawyers in our firm have more than 40 years of success in handling car accident and other personal injury cases in Winnetka and throughout California and we have been recognized as PERSONAL INJURY LAW FIRM OF YEAR 2011. Two of our senior attorneys, Robert Walch and Gary Walch, were each selected as Top Lawyers in California (Highest in Ethical Standards & Professional Excellence).
Our aggressive but compassionate attorneys and staff have resolved thousands upon thousands of cases and work exceptionally hard to make the claims process as easy as possible for our clients, the victims and their families. Please do not hesitate to visit our new and updated Car Accident Web Site.
The Walch Law Corporation has successfully recovered over $75,000,000.00 in funds for its clients and provides immediate help with medical care (usually without any payment until the case is resolved), specialists, property damage repair and settlement. We also invite you to see our Car Accident Testimonial Pages simply by clicking here.
One very sad type of case that our experienced injury lawyers handle is a wrongful death claim. In California, each wrongful death claimant is entitled to money damages for all harm suffered and likely to suffer in the future due to the victim's death, if certain elements are proved. The victim's death must be shown to be caused by the wrongful act or negligence of another. Many of these wrongful deaths are a product from car accidents, truck & motorcycle accidents, fires, falls and other accidents. The responsible party must have been a significant factor or probable cause of death. We understand that wrongful death can be awfully traumatizing for the entire family. Calling the right Winnetka, Los Angeles and California wrongful death car accident personal injury lawyer can help you obtain the assistance, justice and peace of mind that you deserve.
The Law Offices of Gary K. Walch provides you with the powerful advocacy that you need when you or someone that you care genuinely about has been through a disturbing car accident or other personal injury accident in Winnetka, Los Angeles or anywhere in California. It is our objective to best represent your interests and aggressively pursue your rights. Our staff handles accidents involving car, motorcycle, truck, bus, train, bicycle, pedestrian, hit and run, uninsured motorist (UM) and much more. Call us for an absolutely FREE consultation to review and analyze your car accident or other personal injury case. For your convenience you don’t even need to leave the comfort of your own home. Just like many of our clients you can do everything by telephone at 818.222.3400 or toll free 866 INJURY 2 (465879 2), email (info@WalchLaw.com) or simply complete our very easy to use contact form.
FREE CONSULTATION- NO FEE UNTIL YOU WIN!
EXPERIENCE YOU CAN TRUST