Venice Dog Bite Injury Lawyer
Home to some of the most famous landmarks, Venice, California is an exciting beach town to visit. Muscle Beach, Venice Boardwalk, and the Venice Beach Basketball Courts are just a few of the landmarks many people know. Muscle Beach is where Arnold Schwarzenegger used to work out and some of the most famous street ball players, play on the Venice Beach basketball courts. Venice Boardwalk is known for its amazing vendors and resultants. As you walk through this city you may recognize landmarks that you have seen on TV.
If you have been injured by a dog or some other animal in Venice, you deserve an attorney that will fight hard for your case. We have the resources that you need to successfully handle cases dealing with injuries from dog bites or any other sort of animal attack. You can learn more about our services by visiting our website to speak with a winning Venice dog bite injury lawyers in a FREE consultation. Call us today!California Laws Pertaining to Dog Bites and Animal Attacks
Each state has unique laws that outline who may recover financially from a dog attack and the specific circumstances in which they may do so. California has the following laws that can help you to establish whether or not you may recover from your accident. Contact our office today to discuss your accident with one of our expert attorneys regarding your specific incident.
- Liability – Establishing liability in an animal attack is a crucial element to help you successfully recover compensation for your injury. Typically, an animal owner will be held liable for any damage or injury that their pet causes, including dog bites. This is because California adheres to a strict liability statute when dealing with animal attacks.
If the owner was not present at the time of the attack, people with temporary custody of the animal may also be held liable for the attack if it occurred while the animal was in their care. This means that dog sitters, pet facilities, and dog walkers can be found liable if the animal attacked while in their custody.
There are four specific elements that must be satisfied under California’s strict liability statute to successfully recover financially from a dog bite or animal attack.
- The person you are seeking financial compensation from must be the pet owner or the temporary custody holder at the time of the attack.
- The attack must have resulted in some form of injury or bodily harm.
- The incident must have taken place on public property, or while you were on private property with permission. This includes (but is not limited to) being invited onto the property of the dog owner, being an emergency responder, or having an implied invitation to be on the private property.
- The animal involved in the incident must have played a significant role in causing your injury.
- “One Bite” Rule – Many states have adopted the “one bite” principle into their laws pertaining to animal attacks. This rule basically states that animals are permitted to bite or attack someone one time before their owners can be held liable. However, California has not integrated this rule, and animals can be held liable from their first incident in which they injure someone.
If you have been injured by an animal while in Venice, reach out to our office now to learn about how we can help you to recover financially from the incident and move forward in your recovery process. We can help you identify liability for the incident, along with every expense that you may be eligible to recover for. Call now!Contact a Winning Venice Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Now
Walch Law has won millions of dollars for our clients that have been injured from animal attacks in Venice and throughout California. We have leading experts that are prepared to fight for your case until we win your claim! In addition, you won’t pay ANYTHING until we secure your financial compensation from the incident. Most of your legal fees will be paid for by the at-fault party responsible for the accident, so you have nothing to lose by contacting us today! Visit our website or call our office at 866-INJURY2 [866-465-8792]. You will receive a FREE consultation with one of our winning Venice dog bite injury lawyers regarding your accident. We are available 24/7 and are excited to take your case!