Tarzana Car Accident Lawyer
In heavily populated metro areas like Tarzana, car accidents are unfortunately a common occurrence. However, the consequences of car accidents like property damage, catastrophic injury, and death are far too common for those involved. The experienced Tarzana car accident attorneys at Walch Law understand your traumatic experience all too well, which is why Robert and Gary will work hard to answer your questions, explain the process, and fight to get you paid quickly for your injuries. Our team has a success rate of over 98%+ over 40 years of practice, so call us today to find out how we can help you. Get in touch and take the first step towards the recovery you deserve for your car accident injuries.Am I at Risk?
Tarzana is a busy suburb northwest of Los Angeles located in the San Fernando Valley by the massive 101 freeway. Though most drivers try to act safely behind the wheel, driving while intoxicated, speeding, road rage, and distracted driving are dangerous behaviors that unfortunately occur daily in the area and cause accidents, injuries, and deaths. Recently, a person was hospitalized after a multi-vehicle collision sent their vehicle into a restaurant at North Reseda and Ventura Boulevard.Winning Your Case and Getting Compensation
In Tarzana, most car accident victims seek compensation for injuries by arguing someone’s negligence caused the accident and their harm. Even though it’s usually another motorist to blame, anyone responsible for the accident may be sued, including:
- Governments responsible for designing, repairing, and maintaining roads
- Mechanics at repair shops and maintenance staff at dealerships
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Companies whose employee drove negligently on the job and caused an accident
Proving negligence means you must show a court the responsible party owed you a legal duty of care and breached it by either an action or a failure to act. If you can do this, they will be liable for your damages. You may also create the presumption of negligence by showing someone was breaking any law when they harmed you - including traffic laws against speeding or texting while driving.
Courts will award damages for physical, mental, emotional, and financial damages you can prove were caused by the defendant’s bad behavior. Victims are often compensated for harms including:
- Medical bills,
- Pain and suffering,
- Lost wages,
- Permanent disability or disfigurement, and
- Property damage
It may seem overwhelming to take action quickly after a Tarzana car accident, but that’s exactly what you should do. Don’t be worried though - a few simple moves you make (or don’t make) after an accident can greatly help your physical recovery and your personal injury case. When you’re involved in a car accident, you should always:
- Check to see if anyone is injured.
- Notify law enforcement and cooperate with the responding officer to help create an accident report.
- Exchange license, insurance, vehicle, and contact information with every motorist involved.
- If possible, photograph the vehicles involved, and the scene of the accident - don’t forget to include important items like stop signs or evidence such as skid marks. These may help determine who’s at fault.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible even if you think you weren’t hurt. Many severe injuries don’t present symptoms immediate but can be harmful or even fatal if untreated.
- Keep records of all the medical bills, lost wages, receipts indicating injury-related expenses like medicine, or other documents showing a financial expense related to injuries from your car accident.
In addition, it’s important not to say or do anything to damage your case. Never:
- Admit fault
- Guess or speculate about whether you were hurt or the severity of your injuries
- Say you were "okay" or "fine" after your accident
- Provide a recorded statement to anyone - even your own insurance company - without speaking to a Tarzana car accident attorney first
When you’ve been in a car accident, it’s easy to think you may not be able to afford an attorney to fight for compensation - expensive medical bills and the loss of income from inability to work can be overwhelming! However, Robert and Gary take their cases on a contingency fee basis. This means we don’t get paid until after we’ve gotten you paid. We want to work hard so you get the most money possible for your injuries and to help you get your life back on track. Contact us today to get our team of Tarzana car accident lawyers in your corner and fighting for you!