San Bernardino Truck Accident Lawyer
Home to the first McDonalds, San Bernardino, California has more to offer than just a good hamburger. Its booming businesses, amazing downtown shops, and natural beauties all invite people near and far to come visit. The McDonald’s Museum, San Manuel Stadium, Fox Theatre, San Manuel Amphitheatre, and Glen Helen Regional Park are just a few places San Bernardino is famous for. This incredible city is filled with so much excitement, you are sure to have a unique and delightful experience.
With so much to do and see within the city limits of San Bernardino, large trucks often supply the shops, businesses, stadiums and more with food and other products. With so many large trucks in San Bernardino, it is common to see large truck accidents every day. If you or someone that you love has been injured in an accident with a truck, visit our website today to learn what we can do for you. These cases can be worth a lot of money when handled by Walch Law. You can speak with a seasoned San Bernardino truck accident lawyer regarding your case for FREE and begin your road to financial recovery today.Categories of Truck Accidents in San Bernardino
Large semi-trucks (also known as 18-wheelers) are more deadly than regular car accidents for a few reasons. First, they are roughly three times larger than a normal car, giving them an extended reach for damage when they are involved in an accident. Second, these 18-wheelers are on average 15 times heavier than a normal passenger vehicle. This gives these trucks the capacity to cause more harm when they are in an accident because they are more difficult to stop.
There are six major categories of truck crashes that are common when a semi-truck is part of an accident. Some of the categories may overlap, but one of them is almost always a factor of a truck accident.
- Jackknife Accidents – When an 18-wheeler’s cab and the trailer fold at the hitch, it is commonly referred to as a jackknife accident. The driver of the large vehicle loses control of the truck, creating a great danger to the cars within its vicinity.
- Underride Accidents – Underride accidents occur when a smaller car involved in the accident slides under the large semi and gets stuck. 18-wheelers carry their weight on a higher frame, making smaller cars more likely to slide underneath them in an accident. This is why it is extremely important to make sure that you have enough room to maneuver around a semi-truck when passing it on the road.
- Unsecured Cargo Accidents – When the trailer or the cargo of the semi-truck is improperly secured, it can cause deadly accidents on the road. When loose cargo falls off a truck, it can quickly become a lethal hazard for other drivers. Some examples such cargo falling off includes animals, large industrial materials, plants, and more. Vehicles around the large trucks are left with little reaction time when cargo falls off, putting them at high risk for an accident.
- Tire Blowout Accidents – Regular blowouts can cause drivers of small vehicles to lose control of their car without warning. This same effect happens when a truck driver has a tire blowout, but with more serious results. Tire blowouts become an unpredictable hazard to other vehicles on the highway.
- Rollover Accidents – When large trucks roll, they can be difficult to stop and pose a large threat to cars in their immediate radius, along with cars that are further away. Rollover truck accidents can cause entire freeways to shut down, and are some of the most deadly truck accidents.
- Hazardous Material Accidents – Trucks will sometimes carry loads of hazardous materials that can be dangerous when released into the air. From flammable liquids and gasses to radioactive waste and biological pathogens, hazardous materials from truck accidents can cause long-term physical damage to your body.
These accidents can happen for a variety of reasons, but usually result from one or more of the following causes: negligence, speeding, and dangerous weather. Whatever the cause of your accident, call our office today!Contact a Seasoned San Bernardino Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or someone that you care for has been injured in a truck accident while in San Bernardino, contact Walch Law today to learn more about the services that we provide. We will work hard to fight for your case and to make sure that you receive the full amount of compensation to which you are entitled. Call us today at 866-INJURY2 [866-465-8792] or visit our website to talk to a seasoned San Bernardino truck accident lawyer today for a free consultation regarding your case. You don’t pay ANYTHING until we win your case, and even then, most of your legal fees are covered by the at-fault party. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, so call us today!