Riverside Truck Accident Lawyer
Riverside, California has a population of just over 330,000 people. It is located 55 miles east of Los Angeles and is known as the “City of Arts and Innovation.” Riverside has many museums that showcase its culture and history throughout the city. The Riverside Art Museum is a contemporary and historic museum where Southern California artists can showcase their work. Also known for the Mission Inn, Riverside has the largest Mission Revival Styled buildings in the United States.
These museums and other corporations throughout the Riverside Valley often transport goods by way of large trucks. When involved in accidents, these trucks have the capacity to cause a great amount of damage to vehicles, property, and people. If you have been involved in an accident with a truck in Riverside, Walch Law is the best law firm to call. We have the resources necessary to fight against big truck companies and get you the compensation that you deserve! Visit our website to learn more and to speak with a winning Riverside truck accident lawyer for a free consultation!
Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accidents
If you have been involved in an accident with a large truck, it can be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to seeking financial compensation for your expenses related to the accident. Below you will find two questions that are commonly asked regarding truck accidents, but by no means is this list all inclusive. You can contact one of our attorneys today to learn more regarding the specific details related to your accident and the best steps for you to take. Your initial consultation with us is obligation-free and designed to help you understand what you do, how much your case is worth and answer all your questions.Why are Truck Accidents so Dangerous?
Unlike a normal car accident, there are a few aspects of a large truck that makes it more lethal when it is involved in an accident.
What are Common Categories of Truck Accidents?
First, semi-trucks (also known as 18-wheelers) are extremely heavy. With an average weight being almost 18 times heavier than a normal passenger vehicle, it is extremely hard to stop these trucks when they lose control.
Second, 18-wheelers are almost triple the length of an average car. With this larger surface area, these trucks have a greater reach of individuals that they can injure and objects that they can damage.
Finally, large trucks carry their weight higher above the ground than normal cars. This height can be dangerous because when these trucks lose control, vehicles can become smashed underneath the 18-wheeler, causing extreme harm to the passengers of the smaller vehicle.
There are six main types of truck accidents that can occur on the road. While some truck accidents may be a combination of these six categories, most of them involve at least one of the following elements.
Speak With a Winning Riverside Truck Accident Lawyer Now
(1) Tire blowout accidents – Like a normal vehicle, when the tire of an 18-wheeler blows, the driver loses immediate control of the truck.
(2) Unsecured content accidents – Large trucks are usually used to transport a high quantity of smaller goods, or a smaller quantity of larger goods. Either way, if this cargo is improperly secured, it can be dangerous when it falls off on the road at high speeds.
(3) Underride accidents – When a smaller vehicle becomes smashed under a semi, it is referred to as an underride accident. As mentioned above, this is extremely dangerous to the passengers of the car that is stuck under the truck.
(4) Hazardous material accidents – When trucks transport hazardous material, such as flammable substances or radioactive waste, drivers in close proximity and surrounding areas can be put at risk.
(5) Rollover accidents – When trucks are involved in a rollover accident, they can cause a great amount of damage due to their larger length and extremely heavy weight.
(6) Jackknife accidents – A jackknife accident occurs when the cab of a truck folds in towards its cargo at the hitch. This make the semi impossible to control and dangerous to surrounding vehicles.
Truck companies will work hard to make sure that you don’t receive any compensation, and that if you do, that it is a small portion of what you deserve. We have worked with thousands of big corporations and successfully put millions of dollars into our clients’ wallets. Call today at 866 INJURY 2 or [866-465-8792] or click here to visit our webpage to learn more about the services that we have to offer you. You will talk to a winning Riverside truck accident lawyer for a FREE consultation regarding your case. We work on a strict contingency basis, which means that you don’t pay ANYTHING until we win your case! We are available 24/7 and look forward to discussing your case further with you.