Pacific Palisades Truck Accident Lawyer
Pacific Palisades, California is known by many as a hot spot for films and celebrities alike. Many celebrities have called this extravagant city home, and many film directors have utilized its beauty by including its landmarks in TV shows and movies. One of the most notable landmarks is the Palisades Charter High School. This school has been used in Baywatch, Modern Family, Teen Wolf, Freaky Friday, Golden Girls, and many other TV shows and movies.
With so much to do and see within Pacific Palisades, much of its traffic consists of large trucks that are carrying all types of goods and materials. If you or someone that you care about has been injured in an accident with a large truck while in Pacific Palisades, you need legal representation that you can trust. At Walch Law, we work hard from the minute that you hire us to earn your trust and to maximize your compensation. Visit our website to learn more about our services and to speak with a knowledgeable Pacific Palisades truck accident lawyer, absolutely free!Accidents With Large Trucks in Pacific Palisades
Large trucks (also known as 18-wheelers or semi-trucks) usually cause much more damage and injuries than a regular car accident. These accidents with semi-trucks are typically more dangerous for a few reasons. The first reason is the surface are of the actual truck. 18-wheelers can be up to three times longer than an average passenger vehicle, giving it a wider range of destruction when involved in an accident. Second, these trucks are almost 19 times heavier than a normal car, making them extremely difficult to slow down and stop. Finally, because these trucks are higher off of the ground, they can be difficult to steer and can lose control quickly.
If you or someone that you love has been involved in a large truck accident, legal expertise can empower you to make educated decisions that will be important as you seek financial recovery. We have some of the best attorneys in the entire state and will work hard until we win your case.Types of Truck Accidents
Most truck accidents fall within one of six categories of large truck accidents. Sometimes a semi-truck accident might involve more than one of these categories, but most accidents include at least one of the following incidents:
- Jackknife Accidents – When the cab and trailer of an 18-wheeler fold at the hitch of the truck, it is referred to as a jackknife accident. This causes a complete loss of control over the truck and is one of the most common causes of accidents with large trucks.
- Tire Blowouts – Similar to normal cars, unexpected tire blowouts on the highway can cause the driver to immediately lose control of the vehicle. This loss of control can be extremely dangerous to others around the truck.
- Rollover Incidents – When 18-wheelers rollover in an accident, they can block entire roads and freeways. These accidents can also cause cargo to become unsecured from the truck, creating a wider radius of destruction.
- Underride Accidents – Since semi-trucks are higher off the ground than a normal passenger vehicle, cars can become lodged underneath the large truck when involved in an accident. This is especially dangerous to the passengers of the smaller car, since the upper part of the stuck vehicle is usually destroyed.
- Unsecured Cargo – When semi-trucks are carrying their cargo inappropriately, it can fall off of the truck and become a hazard to other drivers. This usually happens when trucking companies and manufactures try to cut corners or practice unsafe loading procedures. From animals to industrial equipment, unsecured cargo accidents can be extremely dangerous.
- Hazardous Materials – Some 18-wheelers carry hazardous materials that might be flammable, radioactive, or biological pathogens. These materials can be in the form of a gas, liquid, or solid, and be dangerous long after the accident occurred.
Whatever the cause of your accident, call us today to find out more about how we can help you!Speak With a Knowledgeable Pacific Palisades Truck Accident Lawyer TODAY
Handling large truck accident cases can be more difficult and complex than a regular car accident. Walch Law has over 45 years of experience in successfully handling cases just like yours, putting millions of dollars back into our client’s wallets. We have some of the best attorneys in the entire state! If you have been injured in a large truck accident while in Pacific Palisades, we want to help you. Contact our office by calling our number at 866-INJURY2 [866-465-8792] or by visiting our website. You will talk to a knowledgeable Pacific Palisades truck accident lawyer and receive a free consultation regarding the details of your case. You have nothing to lose, so call now!