Chatsworth Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
In Chatsworth and the surrounding area, motorcycle riding is an enjoyable activity for many. Not only does the weather make it pleasant to ride, motorcycles are also handy for navigating through the area’s heavy traffic. However, Chatsworth, the large number of distracted drivers, speeders, and other negligent motorists can and does result in disastrous motorcycle accidents frequently. If you’re hurt in a crash and need help knowing what to do Chatsworth motorcycle accident attorneys Robert and Gary Walch can help. As soon as you hire us, we’ll start fighting for you because we understand how much you need your settlement check and any unnecessary delay only delays getting your life back. The team at Walch Law has a more than 95% success rate for our clients, and that’s who needs to be in your corner helping you make the right moves. Call us to get started today!How High is the Risk of Injury from Motorcycle Accidents in Chatsworth?
Motorcycle accidents carry a particularly high risk of catastrophic injury and death for riders when compared to motorists and vehicle occupants. Not only are motorcycles much smaller than other vehicles on the road, riders receive much less structural protection than vehicle occupants in a crash. Motorcycle accidents can happen anywhere, but Chatsworth’s busy streets and location near the busy 118, 405, and 5 freeways bring even more vehicles into the area and increase the risk of accidents, injuries, and death exponentially. In 2019, a motorcycle rider was struck and killed by a truck in the intersection of Lassen Street and Winnetka Avenue in Chatsworth.Recovering Compensation for Your Injures
Anyone whose negligence or other bad behavior caused your motorcycle accident and your injuries may owe you compensation. This usually includes other motorists, but it can also mean others are liable as well. Sometimes, personal injury suits are filed against:
- The government responsible for designing, building, repairing, and maintaining the road
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Repair and maintenance shops that performed their work negligently.
If you can establish anyone else was even partly to blame for your injuries from the accident, they are liable for mental, physical, emotional, and financial injuries you’re able to prove. You may receive compensation for injuries like lost wages, property damage, medical bills, and pain and suffering. Even if you were partially at-fault for causing the motorcycle accident, you may still be able to recover some compensation for your injuries! In Chatsworth, a judge or jury will look at the facts of your case and decide how much blame each party bears for the accident. The amount you can recover will be reduced by the level of fault assigned to you by the decision-maker in your personal injury lawsuit.I Was in a Motorcycle Accident; What Should I Do Now?
You may not know exactly what to do after a Chatsworth motorcycle accident, and that’s understandable. It is likely you’ll need medical treatment, though. In addition to treatment that can help you physically recover, there are a few simple steps you can take to help your personal injury case and make as full a recovery as possible from your injuries.
- Notify law enforcement and cooperate with the responding officers to help complete an accident report
- If possible, photograph the accident scene – including important things like traffic signals or construction areas, any evidence like road defects, injuries, traffic signals, and skid marks, and all vehicles involved
- Exchange license, vehicle, and contact information with all motorists involved
- If anyone witnessed the accident, get their contact information
- Get medical attention as soon as possible even if you think you weren’t hurt
- Follow all plans from your treatment provider
- Contact your insurance provider as soon as possible – but avoid giving a recorded statement
- Don’t apologize, admit fault, or give any recorded statements about the accident or your injuries
- Avoid saying you’re “fine” or “okay,” saying you weren’t hurt, or guessing about the nature or severity of your injuries
- Contact a skilled Chatsworth motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible
It’s important you move quickly to protect your rights and your case for recovery. If you don’t think you can afford to hire a personal injury lawyer, think again! At Walch Law all our cases are taken on a contingency fee basis, so you pay nothing until we win your case and you get paid. When you call today to schedule your free, no obligation consultation we will answer your questions, explain the process, and help put you on the road to recovery.