Camarillo Uber Accident Lawyer
When you took your car into the shop for some long overdue maintenance, you decided to give Uber a try. After downloading the app, entering some personal information, and linking your credit card, you were ready to roll. You live and work in Camarillo, so you didn’t need to go too far anyway. The trip started out uneventful enough but soon became exciting (and not in a good way). Your driver was checking their phone all throughout the trip; but just when you were about to say something about it, she ran a red light and the car was t-boned at full speed.
You were wearing your seatbelt, but it could only do so much for you. You’re both laying in the hospital with serious, but not life-threatening, injuries. You’re particularly concerned about chronic pain in your back. Will it ever go away? You also need to call a Camarillo Uber accident lawyer at Walch Law so you can sort out your claim.
It’s often recommended that you work with an attorney for claims following automobile accidents that result in serious injuries. But this is even more crucial when it involves an Uber driver, since the process can be confusing. We have been handling Uber accident claims since the company came into existence and know how to win these cases and not back down from the pressure of Uber insurance.What to do After Your Camarillo Uber Accident
Due to the seriousness of the accident, you were unable to move or take notes afterward. Thankfully, the other driver was relatively uninjured and was able to provide some information. Your attorney also helped you gather the pertinent details. The first order of business is to make sure everyone who needs emergency care receives it. Also, try to move your car to the side of the road if possible.
Regardless of whether your accident involved an Uber driver, you’ll want to get the following information at the scene (assuming you’re able to do so):
- Names and contact information of any drivers involved in the accident
- License plate numbers and descriptions of all vehicles involved
- Insurance information
Here’s where it can get a little tricky. Your Camarillo Uber accident lawyer will help you sort it all out, but they’ll need to know the following:
- Is the driver logged into their Uber app? If not, it will affect how your claim is handled.
- If the driver was logged in and searching for riders (but didn’t have passengers), then Uber provides up to $50,000 per person in injury liability ($100,000 per incident) and up to $30,000 in property damage coverage.
- If the driver has accepted a ride and is on their way or has passengers in the vehicle (such as in your case), they’re covered by Uber for up to $1 million in liability coverage.
- Uber’s First Notice of Loss or Trip/Data Verification page allows you to verify the trip (you’ll enter the Uber driver’s name and other details).
- Finally, you’ll want to file an accident report with Uber.
Anytime more than two parties (and their insurance companies) are involved, such as in the case of an Uber accident, claims can get difficult. That’s why legal representation can be so important.The Trouble with Uber Claims
Getting the full value of your claim in any situation isn’t always a given, as insurance companies will do what they can keep payouts as low as possible. Sometimes the “fine print” of your policy will put unexpected limits on your compensation amount or they’ll challenge you about whether a given condition existed prior to the accident. When Uber is involved—keeping in mind that their drivers are independent contractors and not full employees—it can get even more dicey.
Uber does provide contingency insurance coverage, even though claims typically are filed with the driver’s personal insurance policy first, but you have to take some steps to initiate a claim with their insurer. Even so, some commonly reported issues with Uber claims include the following:
- Denial of claim (regardless of evidence suggesting the driver’s fault)
- Failure to reply to claims or questions about claims
- Low settlement offers
- Downplaying the seriousness of the injury or claiming the injury was a preexisting condition
While attorneys aren’t cheap, you get what you pay for. The cost of not hiring a Camarillo Uber accident lawyer can be much higher, especially if your damages (monetary claims related to the other party’s liability) aren’t adequately claimed.Are You Getting Fair Compensation for Your Camarillo Uber Accident?
A skilled attorney will make sure you get every penny that’s owed to you for your injuries that were caused by the carelessness of another. Since this can be even more difficult when it involves an Uber driver, having legal representation is key to your success. The Law Offices of Gary K. Walch, a Law Corporation can help put your mind at ease. We have 45 years of success helping car accident victims, get in touch with us now to learn more.