Agoura Hills Uber Accident Lawyer
It seems like every other car in Agoura Hills and throughout the Los Angeles area has an Uber sticker on its rear window these days. You’ve never taken an Uber but you knew it was a rideshare service that competes head-on with traditional taxi cabs. Before yesterday, that’s about all you knew. But now you’re trying to figure out how to get them to cover your injuries caused by one of their drivers. As you were driving to work yesterday morning, an Uber driver with three passengers suddenly cut over into your lane without signaling. You swerved to avoid a collision, only to get rear-ended by a car in the other lane.
All three drivers stopped and pulled over to the side of the road but you’re already showing signs of severe whiplash. You plan on calling an Agoura Hills Uber accident lawyer soon, given the complexities of a three-car accident caused by an on-duty Uber driver. You’re not quite sure about the extent of your injuries but you know you’ll need to file a claim.
Claims for accidents involving Uber drivers are typically more complicated than those between two ordinary motorists, one of the many reasons you want Walch Law taking your case on. We have been winning Uber car crash lawsuits since the rideshare company started and know how to deal with the other parties and present winning arguments. Want to know how much your uber accident case is worth and more? Call us today.First Steps After an Agoura Hills Uber Accident
The first step in any traffic accident is to administer emergency care to anyone who requires it, calling emergency care if needed. It’s also a good idea to call the police in order to get an official report. If you can move your car to the side of the road, then that could help prevent further problems. You’ll also want to snap pictures of the scene, including damage to any vehicles involved.
Also, be sure to take down the following information (unless you’re too injured to do so):
- Names and contact information of any drivers involved in the accident
- License plate numbers and descriptions of all vehicles involved
- Insurance information
With respect to Uber accidents, the following steps will help your Agoura Hills Uber Accident lawyer best position your claim:
- Is the driver logged into their Uber app? If not, it will affect how your claim is handled.
- If the driver was logged in and searching for riders (but didn’t have passengers), then Uber provides up to $50,000 per person in injury liability ($100,000 per incident) and up to $30,000 in property damage coverage.
- If the driver has accepted a ride and is on their way or has passengers in the vehicle (such as in your case), they’re covered by Uber for up to $1 million in liability coverage.
- Uber’s First Notice of Loss or Trip/Data Verification page allows you to verify the trip (you’ll enter the Uber driver’s name and other details).
- Finally, you’ll want to file an accident report with Uber.
Don’t worry if you’re unable to gather all of this information at the scene, which may be difficult if not impossible if you’re injured.Special Challenges With Uber Claims
In any kind of accident or injury claim, the insurance company isn’t motivated to pay you a sizable settlement; they’re businesses, after all. This is why you shouldn’t accept any early settlement offers before you’ve had a chance to speak with an attorney and fully assess your damages (which are the monetary claims associated with the at-fault party’s liability). Uber claims are a little more complicated, given the relationship the company has with its drivers.
Uber classifies its drivers as independent contractors, not employees in the legal sense. This means Uber is not directly liable for your injuries. However, they do provide a backstop of insurance coverage in order to attract drivers, since most policies exclude coverage for rideshare-related accidents. Some commonly reported issues with Uber claims include the following:
- Denial of claim (regardless of evidence suggesting the driver’s fault)
- Failure to reply to claims or questions about claims
- Low settlement offers
- Downplaying the seriousness of the injury or claiming the injury was a preexisting condition
Claims involving Uber drivers often get bounced around to multiple insurers and benefit from the know-how of an attorney experienced with such matters.Get Professional Legal Help From a Skilled Agoura Hills Uber Accident Lawyer
Just because the driver who caused your considerable pain was driving for Uber at the time of the accident doesn’t mean you should be discouraged from pursuing the claim to which you’re entitled. Get in touch with the legal experts at the Law Offices of Gary K. Walch, a Law Corporation today and learn how they can help. Over 40 years of experience and a 98%+ success rate means we are the team of lawyers you want to hire.