Priority Dates and The New Announcement
A “Priority Date” is an individuals place in the Visa/Green Card line. Every month, like clockwork, the State Department publishes in a visa bulletin the priority immigration dates for the month. These priority immigration dates effect the employment and family based categories. This would mean that the individual’s visa or greencard would be available when their priority dates come up.What is the new Format?
Now with this recent announcement, starting in October there will be a new format for immigration priority dates. This format will encompass two (2) separate charts (dates) for individuals to monitor their priority date
- The first chart: dates for filing applications(earliest date when a person may file for/adjustment of status for an immigrant visa).
- Application final action dates (dates when visa may be finally issued).
- IMMIGRATION FAQs (HOME PAGE)
- ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
- NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS AND EXTENSIONS
- THE POPULAR H-1B VISA
- HELP FOR THE EMPLOYER-GREEN CARDS
- HELP FOR THE EMPLOYER– VISAS
- HELP FOR THE EMPLOYEE
- BRINGING YOUR FIANCE TO THE UNITED STATES
- UNITED STATES CITIZEN PETITION FOR IMMEDIATE RELATIVE
- FROM PERMANENT RESIDENT TO UNITED STATES CITIZEN
- HOT TOPIC– THE J-1 VISA
- PRIORITY DATES AND THE NEW ANNOUNCEMENT
This is important because there has been a priority date backlog to submit applications for green cards and visas. Due to this new format there will be dates for earlier filing options. This will permit applicants to obtain in term benefits
- Example: Employment based benefits would include-work authorizations, travel docs and would allow individuals a chance to accept position in new employment at an earlier stage. Contact an immigration attorney now for clarification and specific advice about your own immigration facts and/or case.
While we previously handled immigration cases, we still provide some general immigration information on our web site for assistance to the general public. This is no substitute for consulting with an immigration attorney about your specific facts and/or case which we highly recommend, especially since some laws, rules and procedures may change at any time and web site pages are not intended to provide legal advice and are not always updated. Thus, we urge you to consult with an immigration attorney now and if you need any assistance in finding one please contact our law offices now for help.
Meanwhile, we continue to offer an absolutely FREE consultation and case evaluation for anyone injured in a car, truck, motorcycle or any other accident or to any family who suffered the death of a family member with a wrongful death accident claim in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Fernando Valley, Ventura and all of California.
We have over 40 years experience handling personal injury & wrongful death accident cases and during that time our injury accident lawyers have successfully resolved thousands and thousands of injury accident cases for many millions of dollars.For more information, please see our Personal Injury & Wrongful Death home page and our many Client Testimonials.
There are many easy ways to contact our personal injury & wrongful death accident lawyers:
- Call us:
- Local: 818-222-3400 (after hours, please press 1)
- Toll Free: 866-465-8792 (after hours, please press 1)
- Send us an email at info@WalchLaw.com
On personal injury accident cases & wrongful death accident cases there is NO charge for our initial consultation – it is absolutely FREE! And we work on a contingency fee which means we do not get paid until you win and then our fee comes out of the recovery paid by the insurance company and not out of your own pocket!
We look forward to speaking with you and helping you resolve your legal problems.