Damages in Knee Injury Cases
A knee injury caused by another person’s negligence can be extremely frustrating. Knee injuries are not only painful, but often require a lengthy recovery period which can greatly disrupt your life. A knee injury may require expensive surgery and physical therapy, and can inhibit your ability to work or participate in activities you enjoy. In legal terms, the harm you suffer as a result of a knee injury caused by another, whether it’s economic, physical, or mental harm, is referred to as damages.
When you bring a personal injury claim against the party responsible for your knee injury, you can recover financially for the all the damages you suffered. With the help of an experienced Southern California knee injury attorney, you can get the compensation you deserve for your damages. This includes economic damages as well as non-economic damages.Economic Damages
Economic damages, simply put, are measurable money damages you suffered as a result of you accident. It is generally simply to calculate economic damages because it is simply the total amount of money you spent to get care for your injuries and money you lost out on while injured. Economic damages in a personal injury case include:
- Medical expenses—this includes any money spent for hospital stays, surgeries, and subsequent care and rehabilitation.
- Loss of earnings—you can receive compensation for the money you lost out on due to missing work as a result of your accident.
- Loss of earning capacity—if your injury is so serious that is decreases your ability to earn money, such as if you become physically disabled or mentally impaired, you can receive compensation for your loss of earning capacity.
Non-economic damages are damages that are not as easy to quantify, but damages you should still receive compensation for. Some non-economic damages in a personal injury case include:
- Loss of enjoyment of life—you can receive compensation if your injuries have caused you to miss out on activities you enjoyed doing.
- Pain and suffering—this includes any physical pain, emotional distress, and inconvenience your injury caused in your life.
At Walch Law, we understand that knee injuries can be very painful and traumatizing. A knee injury can totally disrupt your life and trying to get compensation for all your damages can feel overwhelming. That is why contacting someone who knows the ins and outs of personal injury law and available damages is so important—indeed, calling the right California personal injury attorney can help you obtain the justice you deserve. If you or anyone you care about suffered a knee injury in an accident in Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley or anywhere in California, reach out to one of our experienced personal injury attorneys. We will work hard to help you obtain the medical care you need and obtain the financial recovery that you deserve. Call our offices now for a FREE consultation with an experienced knee injury attorney!