Damages for Wrongful Death Claims
If someone you care about was killed in any accident, please contact us now for a FREE consultation. There is NO fee on wrongful death accident claims until you WIN!Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
Our California Personal Injury Attorneys will fight to obtain the compensation that you deserve. In California, generally each wrongful death claimant is entitled to money damages for all harm suffered and likely to suffer in the future due to the victim's death. The amount of money is the total amount of benefits each heir can proof that heir could expect to receive had the person not died.
The following amounts are generally allowed under California law for a Wrongful Death claim:
- All past medical, hospital and other medical related charges;
- All burial, funeral and related expenses;
- All past and projected future loss of earnings and support (support includes things like food, clothing, shelter and financial contributions);
- Loss of services (services includes things like household services following the death of a spouse or parent and parental advice following the death of a parent);
- Loss of love, comfort, society, companionship, affection and moral support;
- And any and all other appropriate damages permitted under California law.
In general, wrongful death damages are not taxable - See IRS Sect. 104. We advise that you consult your CPA or other tax adviser for specific advice on your case and we can refer you to such specialists, whenever requested.