Ventura Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
An enjoyable, thrilling activity for many in Southern California, motorcycle riding has long been a way to easily get around gridlock while enjoying beautiful scenery and taking advantage of the area’s pleasant weather and warm climate. However, when a motorcycle accident happens your enjoyment can quickly turn to pain, anxiety, and confusion. The experienced Ventura motorcycle lawyers at Walch Law are here to put your mind at ease, answer your questions, and explain the process of getting compensation for your injuries. Robert and Gary have over 45 years of experience fighting to get clients like you the money you deserve and have a 95+% success rate. Call us today to get started on the road to recovery.Common Motorcycle Accident Causes
Even though most riders exercise extreme caution, the same is often not true of other motorists on the road. Most drivers admit to engaging in distracted driving at least some of the time; they also forget they share roads with riders and don’t actively look for bikes when changing lanes or turning. Motorcycle accidents are often caused by:
- Distracted driving
- Unsafe lane changes
- Driving under the influence
- Failing to check for approaching motorcycles when entering roadways
- Opening a vehicle door in front of an oncoming rider, known as “dooring”
Ventura motorcyclists involved in any accident are at high risk for catastrophic injuries or death thanks to the dangerous 101 freeway, the prevalence of negligent driving behaviors, and the smaller size of motorcycles compared to other vehicles on the road. Even riders in full protective gear lack the same structural protections as motor vehicle occupants in a crash. Earlier this year, a motorcyclist wearing a helmet was killed in a wreck on Sycamore Drive. Riders who survive commonly face serious injuries like:
- Neck injuries such as whiplash
- Internal organ damage
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Concussions and other brain injuries
Injury victims usually pursue compensation in the court system by filing a personal injury lawsuit arguing another’s negligence caused the accident and their injuries. Most people assume the lawsuit would be filed against an at-fault motorist – that is often true. However, if a manufacturer produced a defective motorcycle, a repair shop performed substandard work, or a government agency didn’t maintain roads in a safe condition, they may also be liable and could be sued for negligence. Negligence is proved by showing the defendant in your lawsuit breached a legal duty of care owed to you, and that breach caused you harm.Motorcycle Accident Damages
Motorcyclists involved in an accident may suffer several different, serious injuries that can damage all aspects of their lives. If you can prove someone’s negligence caused the accident and your injuries, they may be liable for your damages. Courts may compensate victims for losses from:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Permanent disfigurement, scarring, or disability
Even if you’re understandably traumatized and overwhelmed after a motorcycle accident, you need to take a few simple steps. The following actions will help you document your accident and injuries, look after your health, strengthen your legal claim for compensation, and avoid saying things that could damage your case.
- Call 911 if anyone is injured or property is damaged and notify law enforcement that a crash occurred
- Notify your insurance company
- Do not apologize, admit fault, comment about injuries or your health, or give recorded statements.
- Seek medical care as soon as possible even if you believe you weren’t hurt
- Photograph the scene, the vehicles, your injuries, evidence like skid marks, and all traffic control devices
- Get the information of everyone involved in the crash, all eyewitnesses, and the responding police officers
- Keep all documents regarding the accident and your injuries like hospital bills, paystubs, and receipts
- Contact a lawyer immediately
You may think you can’t afford a lawyer after your motorcycle accident. An inability to work, growing medical bills, and expensive bike repairs only add insult to your injuries. However, the experienced Ventura motorcycle lawyers at Walch Law understand your concerns; that’s why all our cases are taken on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing until after you get paid. When you call today to schedule your free, no obligation consultation we will answer your questions, explain the process, and get started so you can get the money and closure you deserve as quickly as possible.div class="cfrags">
It's easy to contact us
There is NO charge for our initial consultation — it is absolutely FREE!Over 47 years experience successfully handling thousands of personal injury & wrongful death accident cases in Ventura and all of California! changes highlighted in blue for your convenience
If you had a lyft injury accident, our personal injury & wrongful death accident lawyers offer an absolutely FREE & CONFIDENTIAL case consultation and evaluation and we work on a contingency fee. That means there is NO fee until you WIN and then the fee comes out of the recovery usually paid by the other parties’ insurance company and not out of your own pocket.
There are many easy ways to contact us 24/7:
- Please call us Toll Free at 866 INJURY 2 or 866-465-8792 (after hours please dial "1")
- You may also call us at 818-222-3400 (again, after hours, please dial "1")
- Simply click here for our quick and easy contact form to tell us about your car accident or other injury accident.
- Send us an email anytime to info@WalchLaw.com.
We offer FREE consultations and evaluations to those hurt in accidents in Ventura and also in Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, Kern, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and throughout all of California and there is NO fee until you WIN!
We look forward to speaking with you today and helping you resolve your injury accident legal problems.
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL / SA ATIN PO ITO / FALAMOS PORTUGUÊS / 我們講普通話和廣東話
FREE CONSULTATION * NO FEE UNTIL YOU WIN !