Venice Truck Accident Lawyer
Venice, California was originally built in 1905 as a seaside resort. Because of this, landowner Abbot Kinney gave it the name Venice, after the beautiful and spectacular city in Italy. Through the years this city has fully lived up to its name. From the time the city was built tourists have been coming from all over to visit the city and take in all it has to offer. Now, Venice is one of the most visited cities in California by locals and visitors alike. This beach front city has unlimited options of things to do and see. From the amusement park to the outdoor gym where Arnold Schwarzenegger used to work out, Venice is a place you will want to stop and see.
With so much going on throughout Venice, many corporations and businesses choose to transport their goods via large trucks. When these trucks are involved in an accident, they are capable of causing a great amount of personal harm and property damage to anyone and anything within a close proximity. If you have been injured in a large truck accident while in Venice, Walch Law will take care of you and your case. We have the expertise necessary to fight for your case against corporations that use large trucks for transportation. We will fight hard to win you the financial compensation that you deserve! Visit our website here to learn talk to a successful Venice truck accident lawyer for a FREE consultation regarding your case.Common Questions Regarding Truck Accidents
If you or someone that you care about has been involved in an accident with a large truck, you may be wondering where to start as you seek financial compensation for your accident. We have listed the two most common questions regarding accidents with large trucks, along with brief answers to these questions. You can call our office today to speak with one of our successful Venice truck accident lawyers now to discuss further questions that you have for free!
- What Makes Large Truck Accidents So Dangerous?
- What are Common Types of Truck Accidents?
While there is a wide variety of accidents that large trucks may be in, the majority of them can be classified into one of six common categories.
- Unsecured Cargo Accidents – An unsecured cargo truck accident usually occurs when trucking companies or packaging companies attempt to save money by cutting costs. They do not take proper precautions when loading cargo onto the truck, which can be extremely dangerous to other cars if the cargo falls off the truck.
- Rollover Accidents – Rollover accidents occur when the driver loses control of the vehicle at high speeds, causing the 18-wheeler to rollover.
- Underride Accidents – Underride accidents happen when a smaller vehicle becomes stuck underneath the semi-truck. These accidents can cause extreme injury to anyone inside the smaller car.
- Tire Blowout Accidents – Similar to normal passenger vehicles, tire blowouts can cause a semi to quickly lose control and swerve all over the road.
- Hazardous Materials Accidents – Some large trucks transport hazardous materials such as radioactive waste, flammable substances, or biological pathogens. These substances can become lethal to anyone in a close proximity to the accident.
- Jackknife Accidents – Jackknife accidents are when the cab and the trailer of the truck fold at the hitch. The driver of the truck loses all control of the heavy vehicle, posing a great threat to anyone near the 18-wheeler.
There are a few specific elements of a large truck accident that makes them so much more dangerous than normal car accidents. First, 18-wheelers (also known as semi-trucks) are extremely long. With almost triple the length of a normal car, semi-trucks have a greater capacity to cause damage. Second, semi-trucks weigh 18 times more than a normal car on average. This makes these large trucks difficult to stop when the driver loses control. Finally, these semi-trucks keep their weight higher off of the ground, which makes them more susceptible to rollover accidents.
Truck companies will do everything within their power to minimize your compensation from the accident, including trying to get you to sign complex legal documents that will limit how much you may receive. Our attorneys at Walch Law have worked with thousands of large corporations, winning millions of dollars for our clients. Click here to visit our website or call our office at 866 INJURY 2 or [866-465-8792] to speak with a successful Venice truck accident lawyer. You will receive a free consultation and won’t pay ANYTHING unless we win your case. Even when we win, most of your legal expenses be paid for by the party responsible for the accident. We look forward to discussing your case further with you.