Tarzana Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Tarzana, with its closeness to Los Angeles, major freeways, and accompanying traffic, looks like a biker’s paradise. However, locals, and visitors alike must stay aware of the constant threat from vehicles when they get on the road. It’s easy to forget distracted drivers or lack of visibility can injure or kill someone - however, in California, in the span of a year over 400 riders lost their lives- with countless more injured. We know you may be confused and overwhelmed after an accident, but calling the experienced Tarzana motorcycle accident attorneys at Walch Law Group can put your mind at east. We can answer your questions and help you get paid for your injuries. We’ll start working on your case right away because we understand you need results sooner rather than later. Call us today to get started!Tarzana Motorcycle Accident Causes
Motorcyclists are at high risk of accidents in and around Tarzana. Not only are city streets and freeways like the 5, 405, and 118 consistently congested and full of drivers engaging in bad behavior behind the wheel; motorcycles’ smaller sizes mean drivers are more likely not to see them. Common causes of accidents include:
- Distracted driving like texting while driving
- Poorly maintained roads
- Illegal or unsafe lane changes
- Driving while intoxicated
- Failing to check mirrors
- Failing to properly yield
- Vehicles moving onto main roads without checking for approaching motorcycles
- "Dooring" as a motorist or driver opens their door into a rider without warning
Any Tarzana motorcyclist involved in an accident is at greater than average risk for severe injuries or even death. The relative lack of protection for riders - even when wearing all proper protective gear - and the size difference between motorcycles and regular motor vehicles make any accident cause for great concern. For riders fortunate enough to survive, it’s common to see injuries such as:
- Internal organ damage
- Severe skin damage such as road rash and degloving
- Head injuries such as concussions or traumatic brain injuries
Not only can these wreak havoc on a victim’s body for a lifetime, they can ruin their financial future in seconds with the bills for medical treatment involved without proper compensation.Winning a Tarzana Motorcycle Accident Personal Injury or Wrongful Death Case
After a Tarzana motorcycle accident, you deserve compensation for your physical, mental, emotional, and financial injuries that resulted from another party’s bad behavior on the road. Injury victims usually begin pursuing compensation by filing a claim against the at-fault party’s automobile insurance company; a skilled Tarzana personal injury attorney can handle communications and negotiations with insurers on your behalf to try and get the maximum possible offer for your injuries. However, in situations where a fair settlement can’t be reached or the party responsible is not a motorist - for example, a government responsible for road maintenance or a manufacturer of defective motorcycle parts.Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Depending on your situation, you will file either a personal injury or a wrongful death lawsuit for damages. Though nothing will undo the trauma you’ve experienced or the loss you’ve suffered, you may be entitled to compensatory damages for personal injuries including:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Permanent disfigurement or disability
- Pain and suffering
If a Tarzana motorcycle accident resulted in your loved one’s death, you may be compensated through a wrongful death suit for financial harms you’ve suffered as a result of the death and the value of lost companionship, love, and support in the household. You may also be entitled to damages for funeral expenses or burial costs.Steps to Take if You’re Involved in a Tarzana Motorcycle Accident
Any Tarzana motorcycle accident can be incredibly traumatic; however, it’s important not to delay too long in taking a few steps. Though it may seem overwhelming, some simple actions can document your accident, help you care for your health, and strengthen any claim you make for compensation.
- Notify law enforcement - If you’re able, call 911 and law enforcement immediately. Give a detailed statement to the responding law enforcement officers to help them prepare their accident report and show you weren’t at fault. In some cases, you also have a legal requirement to notify law enforcement if someone is injured or has been killed in a crash or if there is property damage.
- Gather important evidence- If possible, get contact information from any eyewitnesses to the car accident. Their testimony may be helpful to establish fault later. Also, take pictures of the scene if possible. When the accident report is complete, get a copy from the responding police department or your insurer.
- Seek medical help - Even if you don’t believe you were hurt, seek medical attention immediately. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, may not present symptoms for days but can be fatal if left untreated. Your health should be your top priority.
- Don’t destroy your case - Your words can be used against you, so try to avoid admitting fault or apologizing. Don’t speculate about your injuries (or lack of injuries) and don’t say you’re "okay" or "fine." Avoid giving recorded statements to anyone.
- Contact a Tarzana Motorcycle Accident Lawyer - Discussing your case with an experienced attorney can help you understand your options, protect your legal rights, and navigate the process of recovery.
It’s important you move quickly to protect your rights and your case for recovery after a motorcycle accident. If you don’t think you can afford to hire a personal injury lawyer, think again! With the experienced Tarzana motorcycle accident lawyers Walch Law, all our cases are taken on a contingency fee basis, so you pay nothing until we win your case and you get paid. When you call today to schedule your free, no obligation consultation we will answer your questions, explain the process, and help put you on the road to recovery.