Studio City Car Accident Lawyer
Most Southern California motorists are prepared to deal with car accidents. However, the consequences of car accidents like catastrophic injury or death are not issues most people are prepared to handle. The experienced Studio City car accident lawyers at Walch Law understand what you’ve been through, which is why Robert and Gary will start working for you right away to answer questions, explain how the process works, and put together the strongest case possible to get you paid quickly. We have a success rate of over 98%+ and over 45 years of experience, so call us today to see how we can help and get started.Am I at Risk of Car Accident Injuries in Studio City?
Studio City is a busy city just northwest of Los Angeles in the San Fernando Valley sandwiched between the busy, gridlocked 134, 101, and 405 freeways. Most drivers would like to think they practice safe driving behavior, but in truth almost 80% of drivers admitted to occasionally looking at their phone while driving. The prevalence of this type of conduct, in combination with speeding, drunk driving, and failing to yield, contributes to the large number of accidents on the roads. Earlier this year, a 2-car side impact collision at Laurel Canyon Boulevard and Moorpark Street injured at least one person as a vehicle attempted to exit a gas station.Proving Negligence
In Studio City, most victims pursue recovery for their damages by arguing their injuries were caused by someone’s negligence. Though an at-fault driver is usually the target of these lawsuits, anyone who negligently caused the accident may be properly sued, like:
- Government agencies responsible for keeping roadways safe
- Repair shops performing negligent, substandard work
- The manufacturer of defective vehicles
- An employer whose employee drove negligently in a company vehicle
To prevail, you must prove the defendant owed you a legal duty of care and breached it through either an act or a failure to act. If successful, they are liable for your injuries. You may also create a presumption the defendant was negligent by showing they were breaking a law when they harmed you – this includes speed limits and the rule against texting and driving.Car Accident Damages
Victims that establish a defendant’s liability may be entitled to recover compensation for physical, mental, emotional, and financial harms. These may include:
- Medical expenses,
- Pain and suffering,
- Lost wages,
- Scarring, disfigurement, or disability, and
- Property damage
It may seem overwhelming to act quickly after a Studio City car accident, but that’s exactly what you should do. Just a few simple steps following your accident can help you recovery physically and strengthen your case for compensation later. Always:
- Call 911 if anyone is injured or property is damaged.
- Call law enforcement and cooperate with all responding officers.
- Exchange important information regarding licenses, insurance policies, vehicles, and contact information with all drivers involved in the accident.
- Take pictures of all vehicles and the accident scene. Remember important traffic control devices like stop lights and evidence indicating fault like skid marks.
- Get medical help as quickly as possible. This is important even if you think you were not injured. Many conditions don’t present symptoms for several days but can be fatal if left untreated.
- Keep medical bills, paystubs, receipts for injury-related expenses like medicine, and all other documents showing financial expenditures related to your injuries.
In addition, it’s also important you don’t say or do anything that will harm your case for compensation. Do not:
- Admit fault
- Guess or speculate about whether you were hurt (or not hurt) or the severity of your injuries
- Say you were “okay” or “fine” if asked how you are doing
- Provide a recorded statement to anyone – even your own insurance company – without speaking to a Studio City car accident attorney first
When you or a loved one are hurt in a crash, you may think you can’t afford a lawyer and will be faced with handling all your medical expenses alone. However, Robert and Gary take their cases on a contingency fee basis; this means we don’t get paid until you get paid. We will work hard to get you the maximum money for your injuries to help you get your life back. Contact us today to get our team of Studio City car accident lawyers in your corner and give yourself the best chance for recovery.