Reseda Dog Bite Lawyer
Dogs have a reputation as man’s best friend, and most truly live up to that reputation. However, when things go wrong, dog bites are painful experiences that can result in catastrophic injuries or even loss of life. The experienced Reseda dog bite lawyers at Walch Law understand the trauma you suffered and will fight for you to get the compensation you deserve so you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery. Robert and Gary have over 40 years experiences getting our clients the most money possible for their injuries and a 95%+ success rate, so call today to learn about the process and personal injury lawsuits, get your questions answered, and get started.Reseda Dog Bite Risks
Located in sunny Southern California northwest of Los Angeles, it’s no surprise dogs are common in Reseda. Year-round pleasant weather, the large number of homes with fenced yards, and the prevalence of dog parks, hiking trails, and dog-friendly businesses make owning a furry friend convenient – and makes it common to encounter them going about daily life in the city. However, even friendly dogs’ behavior can change in a split second, injuring or even killing an innocent person. The area Public Health Department, has report that injury-causing animal attacks pose a significant health problem in and around Reseda.What to Do After a Dog Bite
If you’re the victim of a dog bite in Reseda, it’s important you take a few steps that can help you recover, protect others from a potentially dangerous animal, and strengthen your personal injury claim for compensation.
- Get immediate medical attention. You may also need a rabies test. Bite wounds contain a lot of bacteria and are prone to infection without medical treatment. Medical treatment can provide important documentation regarding when, how, and how severely you’ve been injured.
- Get as much information as you can about the dog, the owner, where and when the bite occurred, and, if the bite occurred on property owned by the dog owner, their homeowner’s insurance information.
- Photograph the bite, location, and dog if possible. If the dog was a stray, try to take a photograph if possible or write down physical details about the animal.
- Notify animal control and give a detailed statement.
- Get legal help from an experienced Reseda dog bite lawyer.
It’s also important you avoid doing things that could hurt your case and potentially cause you to lose out on significant compensation.
- Do not apologize, admit fault, downplay or guess about the nature or severity of your injuries, or say you’re “okay” or “fine” when asked how you are.
- Do not post about the incident on social media or make disparaging remarks about the dog or its owner.
- Avoid giving recorded statements to insurance companies.
California dog owners are usually strictly liable for any injuries caused by their animal. This means even if the owner wasn’t negligent or had no reason to believe their dog was vicious, they may still have to compensate you for your injuries.
To hold an owner liable and put them on the hook for your injuries, you need to prove:
- The defendant owned the dog that bit you,
- You were bitten on public property or when you were legally present on private property (in other words, you weren’t trespassing), and
- You suffered injury
Some exceptions to strict liability apply, such as provoking a dog or being bitten by a military or law enforcement dog while it’s performing official duties, but it’s best to discuss your situation with a Reseda dog bite lawyer to see if these exceptions may apply to you.How Much is My Case Worth?
If you prove a dog owner is liable, the court may award you damages to compensate you for injuries from the attack. How much you receive depends on the facts in your case like the severity of your injuries or the cost of your medical treatment. Courts may award damages for harms including:
- Pain and suffering
- Hospital bills
- Lost income
- Lost future earning capacity
- Permanent disability, disfigurement, or scarring
After a vicious animal attack, it’s understandable you may be overwhelmed and not know where to start to put your life back together. However, you’ve already taken the first step and found the experienced Reseda dog bite lawyers at The Walch Group! From the moment you hire us, we’ll fight for you to get the most money possible and a sense of closure. We understand the stress unnecessary delays can cause, so we will work hard get you paid as quickly as possible. Call us today to learn why Robert and Gary are the attorneys you want in your corner after a vicious dog bite turns your world upside down.