Reseda Car Accident Lawyer
Anyone who drives in Southern California regularly knows it is dangerous to be on the road, as car accidents are daily occurrence. However, the consequences of car accidents like property damage, inability to work, massive medical bills, catastrophic injury, and death are far from normal for most people involved. The experienced Reseda car accident attorneys at Walch Law understand you’ve been through a traumatic experience and have an uphill battle to get your life back to normal, which is why Robert and Gary will work hard to answer your questions, explain the process, and fight to get you paid quickly for your injuries. Our team has a success rate of over 98%+ over 40 years of practice, so call us today to find out how we can help you. Get in touch and take the first step towards the recovery you deserve for your injuries.Risk of Car Accidents
Reseda is a busy suburb northwest of Los Angeles located in the San Fernando Valley by the massive 101 and 405 freeways, where the vast majority of fatal accidents occur due to the high speeds involved. Though drivers usually attempt to be safe, far too many at least occasionally text and drive, speed, or even drive under the influence. These behaviors have catastrophic consequences for innocent people every day in and around Reseda. Recently, a motorist lost his life on Corbin Avenue when his vehicle was struck by a FedEx truck while making an improper U-turn.How to Recover Compensation for Your Injuries
When injured in a car accident, most victims fight for compensation by filing a lawsuit claiming someone’s negligence caused the accident and their injuries. Though most of these lawsuits are filed against another motorist involved in the crash, anyone whose negligence contributed to your injuries can be sued. This means:
- Government agencies responsible for designing, repairing, and maintaining roads
- Mechanics at repair shops and dealership maintenance staff who performed substandard work
- Vehicle manufacturers
To prove negligence and hold someone liable for your injuries, you must show:
- They owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached that duty through act or omission
- The breach caused you harm
Another way to create a presumption someone acted negligently is demonstrating they were breaking a law, rule, or regulation designed to promote safety when they injured you. This includes traffic laws setting speed limits and requiring hands-free phone use when driving.Damages
Courts will award damages for physical, mental, emotional, and financial damages you can prove were caused by the defendant’s bad behavior. Victims are often compensated for harms including:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral costs
- Lost wages
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
The aftermath of a Reseda car accident can be an overwhelming, confusing time. However, accident victims only need to take a few simple steps to help themselves recover physically, strengthen their claim for recovery, and avoid actions that could potentially derail their case.What to Do
- Check to see if anyone involved in the accident is injured.
- Notify law enforcement and cooperate with the responding officer
- Get a copy of the police report when it is complete from the police or your insurance company
- Exchange license, insurance, vehicle, and contact information with everyone involved.
- If you can, take photographs of the vehicles involved, the scene of the accident, your injuries, any evidence such as skid marks, and traffic control devices like crosswalks and stop signs.
- Seek medical attention immediately even if you think you are not injured. Many severe injuries, like traumatic brain injuries, show no symptoms for days but can be fatal if untreated.
- Keep records of all the medical bills, lost wages, auto repair bills, receipts documenting injury-related expenses like medicine, or other documents showing a financial expense related to injuries from your car accident.
- Contact an attorney experienced in car accident personal injury lawsuits.
- Admit fault
- Guess or speculate about whether you were hurt or the severity of your injuries
- Say you were “okay” or “fine” after your accident
- Post about your accident, injuries or lack thereof, or bash others involved in the accident on any social media platform
- Provide a recorded statement to anyone – even your own insurance company – without speaking to a Reseda car accident attorney first
When you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, you may think that after paying massive medical bills – and potentially suffering a lack of income from an inability to work – you can’t afford a lawyer. Robert and Gary believe everyone deserves justice, so they take all their cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay nothing until after we’ve won your case and gotten you paid. We want to work hard so you get the most money possible for your injuries, which help you recover physically, emotionally, and financially. Contact us today to get our team of Reseda car accident attorneys in your corner and fighting for you!