Palmdale Truck Accident Lawyer
Palmdale, California has booming businesses, friendly residents, and a location that cannot be beat! Just 30 minutes from downtown Los Angeles and another 45 to Long Beach, Palmdale’s roads are frequently traveled by many types of vehicles. Especially with large corporations north and south of Palmdale, oversized vehicles and semi-trucks are commonly found throughout Palmdale. If you or someone that you love has been involved in an accident with a large truck, you are probably wondering if you can recover financially from your accident. Walch Law has handled thousands of truck accident cases just like yours, and we know how to maximize your compensation! Visit our website TODAY to talk to an experienced Palmdale truck accident lawyer for a free consultation regarding your case!Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different types of accidents involving large semi-trucks. Semi-trucks (also known as 18-wheelers) are approximately three times bigger than a normal passenger vehicle, and weigh 15 times more than an average car. This makes these large trucks more likely to get in an accident, and more likely to cause greater damage when they do. There are six common types of truck accidents that are usually seen when an 18-wheeler is involved in a crash.
- Rollover Truck Accidents – When a large truck rolls over, it can cause damage to things that are far away, including people and buildings. This is because trucks are so large and have a greater capacity to cause harm from a distance. From blocking an entire highway to smashing cars and decimating homes, rollover accidents are some of the most dangerous truck accidents possible.
- Unsecured Cargo Accidents – Unsecured cargo on a large truck can quickly become a nightmare on roads. From livestock to lumber, when cargo falls off a truck, surrounding vehicles have little time to react, making them extremely susceptible to an accident.
- Jackknife Truck Accidents – When a large semi-truck jackknifes, the front of the truck and whatever it is towing fold together at the hitch. When this happens, the driver of the truck loses complete control of the truck. This type of large truck accident is one of the more commonly occurring accidents involving trucks.
- Hazardous Materials Accidents – Hazardous materials carried by trucks are usually liquids or gases, though on some occasions they can be solids. Common types of hazardous materials transported by large trucks are extremely flammable and can result in deadly fires or explosions. Other hazardous materials include radioactive waste and biological pathogens. These types of hazardous materials can be dangerous to touch, but can also be dangerous to breathe in. Hazardous material truck accidents can be dangerous for not only the vehicles around the truck at the time of the accident, but also to other individuals who are exposed to the hazardous substance from a distance.
- Underride Truck Accidents – Underride accidents with trucks occur when a smaller car slides below the semi. Because 18-wheelers are higher off the ground, smaller vehicles can slide under the frame of the semi-truck and get stuck between the truck and the road. Though less common, these types of accidents can cause serious injury because the top of the passenger vehicle is usually severely damaged.
- Tire Blowout Truck Accidents – When a regular passenger vehicle has a tire blowout, the driver loses some control of the car. This is exactly what happens when a semi-truck has a blowout, with more severe consequences. With a larger surface area combined with more weight, semi-trucks quickly become an uncontrollable hazard to other drivers when they have a blowout.
These accidents can occur for many different reasons. Speeding, negligence, and dangerous weather conditions are some of the more common causes of large truck accidents. Whatever the reason. Walch Law wants to help you recover for your accident and begin the road to recovery!Speak With an Experienced Palmdale Truck Accident Lawyer TODAY
If you have been injured in an accident involving a large truck, Walch Law has the expertise that you need to recover financially. You won’t pay anything until we WIN your case, and even then, most of your payments will come from the other party’s insurance. We will fight for you as we represent your case to make sure that you are not taken advantage of, and that you get the compensation that you deserve! Working with hundreds of truck accidents in Palmdale and throughout California has given our attorneys plenty of experience to know what avenues to pursue when it comes to getting your compensation. Visit our website or call us at 866-INJURY2 [866-465-8792] for a FREE consultation with an experienced Palmdale truck accident lawyer.