Damages in California for Dog Bite Attack
A dog bite can be very serious and leave you with injuries that not only affect you physically, but also have an impact on your day to day life. While may you be suffering from a painful physical injury, that injury can also cause you damage if you miss work or can no longer participate in the activities you enjoy as a result of the bite. The purpose of a personal injury claim is to help you get compensation for the all the damages you suffered, from medical bills for physical care to pain and suffering or loss of earnings caused by the dog bite.
At Walch Law, our LA Personal Injury Lawyer will work hard to obtain the financial compensation you deserve as a victim of a dog bite. There are many types of damages available when you are bitten by a dog. These include all damages available under California law for dog bite injuries and other damages suffered as a result of the incident, such as the following:
- Any past and future hospital and medical expenses, including physical therapy, psychological, psychiatric, dental, cosmetic and plastic surgery (including scar revisions if necessary) charges. Often no payment for these charges is due until your case is resolved—ask our attorneys about how this is possible;
- All past and future loss of earnings, such as loss of earning capacity and any lost time at work—this includes time paid for under sick leave, vacation time or other benefits as the responsible party should not pay less because of the benefits you may have used up;
- Loss of enjoyment of life—this includes compensation for activities you have missed out on and activities you can no longer participate in as a result of your injuries.
- All past and future pain, suffering, emotional distress and inconvenience caused by the incident;
- All pet expenses and loss of pet—often your pet is a dog bite victim and can be serious injured and sometimes even killed by the attacking dog. We seek recovery for all veterinarian bills and, when the attack is so vicious to actually kill the pet, compensation for the loss of one's pet;
- And all other appropriate damages permitted under California law.
A dog bite can certainly disrupt your life and be costly physically, emotionally, and financially. If you have been injured as a result of a dog bite, remember the dog’s owner is responsible for the costs of your injuries and you have the right to be compensated for any and all damages you have suffered.
As illustrated by the list above, possible damages for your dog bite injury can include far more than just your physical injuries—you may be entitled to more compensation than you originally thought. Looking for an LA personal injury lawyer that will help get you the most money for your dog bite injuries? Look no further than the talented team at Walch Law. Our attorneys have years of experience handling personal injury cases and we will fight to get you the financial recovery you deserve.