Burbank Wrongful Death Lawyer
Burbank, California, is located just outside of Los Angeles and has a population just over 100,000 people. Similar to the surrounding areas, Burbank is a series of neighborhoods that collectively mesh together, without a definitive center. Burbank spreads out below the Verdugo Hills and is mostly flat, being enclosed by the Hollywood Hills on its southern border. Though a hub of exciting businesses and vacations, unfortunately there are wrongful deaths that occur throughout the valley. If you have lost a family member to a wrongful cause of death, our firm understands that the loss and devastation that you feel is incalculable. Get in touch with a Burbank wrongful death lawyer at Walch Law now to learn more about how we can help and why we are the best local law firm for you and your family during this difficult time.Who Qualifies as a Victim of a Wrongful Death Claim
To be a victim of a wrongful death claim, the victim’s death must be proven to have occurred by a negligent or wrongful act of another person or party. Someone is negligent when they fail to exercise a reasonable standard of care. Each individual that qualifies for wrongful death claims may seek monetary relief for damages to his or her person, or for the loss suffered by another family member due to the death of a loved one.
Some incidents of wrongful death occur from medical malpractice and car accidents. A fetus or unborn child is not a victim of a wrongful death, nor is the death of a victim killed while committing a felony. A suicide victim may qualify as a wrongful death if their responsible party’s act or failure to act was a significant cause of the suicide.Who Can File a California Wrongful Death Claim
In California, only certain individuals can bring a wrongful death claim against another person or party. While the spouse and children that survive the decedent may bring wrongful death claims, there are complex rules surrounding other family members who might think that they are entitled to file a claim as well. If you think that you have reason to file a wrongful death claim, contact one of our wrongful death attorneys to discuss your rights in the case. Whatever your relation to the deceased individual, our lawyers at Walch Law want to help you recover from your loss and receive the appropriate compensation.What You Can Recover From A Wrongful Death Claim
Our attorneys help the families involved in wrongful death claims to find as much comfort as possible during such a difficult time in their lives. Walch Law strives to serve individuals in such times of crisis and promise open contact with the families of victims involved in wrongful death accidents. We know that the loss of a family member can lead to a great financial burden to the surviving family and will assist you to obtain cash advances when necessary. Contact us now for a FREE consultation to see how we can help you.
Some of the possible damage available to the family members of a wrongful death victim include:
- Funeral and Burial Costs – We will help you navigate issues related with your wrongful death claim, including the cost of the burial and funeral of your loved one that they deserve.
- Medical Expenses – Any medical costs associated with the death of your loved one such as hospital, ambulance, surgery, or visits to the doctor can be recovered in a wrongful death claim.
- Loss of Wages – If your deceased family member provided financial income, you can recover for current lost wages and projected future income. You can also receive projected losses of support, such as clothing or shelter.
- Loss of Support – When a family member was crucial to providing service in the home or parental guidance, spouses and children can recover for this loss of support.
- Other Compensation – We will help you recover from any property damage that occurred in the wrongful death accident, including damage to cars, motorcycles, phones, watches, laptops, etc. It is possible to recover for non-tangible losses, such as loss of companionship, support, love, comfort, and affection.
If you have a loved one that is the victim of a wrongful death incident due to the recklessness or negligence of another, please reach out to us now for a FREE consultation. With over 40 years of experience handling thousands of different wrongful death cases in Burbank, and throughout California. We want to fight for you to get you the compensation that you deserve. With our firm, you will pay NOTHING unless our lawyers win your case. We want to use our experience and success to help you through this difficult time. Call NOW at 866-INJURY2 [866-465-8792], or contact us online at https://www.walchlaw.com/.